Motorsport Oil Pressure gauge help needed.. no diagram

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
nsngarage

Motorsport Oil Pressure gauge help needed.. no diagram

Post by nsngarage »

This is a link to the gauge I bought a LONG time ago.. I cannot for the life of me find the diagram for which wires are which.. any help would be appreciated.

http://www.tommotorsport.com/2005/shop/ ... devise=USD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The connector has a red, black, green, and orange wire on it.. Im assuming the red and black and the battery wires.. orange may be the dimmer for the backlight unless it's built into the power and the green is the actual sender wire.. anyway... if you have any info, please let me know!!

thanks in advance!

Josh
93 MX-3 GS SE -- KLDE Motor, Full Drift Kit w/molded rear/sides. Project Airbags in the near future!
88 Toyota SupraT -- Complete teardown rebuild this winter! MX-3 Took priority in the garage! >:)
turbulence23

Re: Motorsport Oil Pressure gauge help needed.. no diagram

Post by turbulence23 »

u said it right

* black - negative
* red - positive
* orange - dimming wire, as you can then dim it just as the dashlight
* green - sensor wire

u can wire the orange along with the red if you want it to be lit all the time, if you link it to a dash light wire it will only come on if you turn on the lights
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
nsngarage

Post by nsngarage »

sweet deal. now i have a KLDE motor, and if im not mistaken did probes come with an oil pressure gauge in the cluster? if so can i wire my green wire into that and be done with it, or do i need to find a sender unit for the gauge i already have, because it was a long time ago and i dont have one at the moment :( hopefully I can use the DE's existing sender unit.. but again, im not sure.. Thanks for the help so far turbulence23!

Josh
93 MX-3 GS SE -- KLDE Motor, Full Drift Kit w/molded rear/sides. Project Airbags in the near future!
88 Toyota SupraT -- Complete teardown rebuild this winter! MX-3 Took priority in the garage! >:)
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

i believe that sensor has only a max. treshold. so if the pressure gets to low it will light up in the dash ( mx3 has same light)

u really need to put an sandwich plate between the oilfilter and engineblock, turn the sender unit into that plate and then connect it to the gauge.

normally the plates have more then one connection, so you also could get a oil temperature sensor

MY RIDE:
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea, you shouldnt hook up to the stock unit as it is useless. Get a sandwich plate or a adapter that can fit in the stock location on the oil filter neck and then T it off so that you can run both sensors.
nsngarage

Post by nsngarage »

A sandwich plate and i'd also need a oil pressure sending unit right? Are both of these items i can get a autozone or advance? I'd like to get my gauge's set today.. and thanks a ton for all the help, I can rebuild a car, and a motor and trannies and all kinds of stuff but gauge's seem to elude me :( lol
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

well if you bought that gauge new, it had to come including a pressure sender unit. it's a round shaped thing normally with one or 2 connectors on it ( one for the gaugewire and one for a extra ground)

but a sandwich plate yes, i think a decent tuningshop will have these in stock. make sure u get the right size thread because i believe some cars use another threadsize

MY RIDE:
nsngarage

Post by nsngarage »

Yeah i did buy the gauge new, but only problem is it was like a year ago and that's the one thing i cant find lol.. will one from a certain car work in its place or something different maybe, or am I just beat? lol
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

nsngarage wrote:Yeah i did buy the gauge new, but only problem is it was like a year ago and that's the one thing i cant find lol.. will one from a certain car work in its place or something different maybe, or am I just beat? lol
without the original sender i doubt it will get good reading...

dunno how much those cost around you ( gauges new) but best bet is then just to get a new kit ( check out ebay for cheap and nice gauges)

MY RIDE:

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”