mx-3 died :( ..... time for a ZE :)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
atomic froster

mx-3 died :( ..... time for a ZE :)

Post by atomic froster »

hi all, sorry if i seem anoying, but i dont have much smarts for cars. so i have a 92 gs v6 standard. and i want to swap in a bigger engine. as mine needs to be rebuilt or replaced. so ive asked my mother if she would give me a no interest loan to do this as i need a running vechicle for work.(i dont deliver pizza, just to get to and from and visit a client once or twice a day) so im really just looking for someone whos done this swap already to help me out, as no shops on my island have ever done it. so things like ecu's, sensors, and what tranny i could swap in cheap as mine might be crapping out.... so if someone would be willing to help could u pm me? maybe chat on msn or the phone for half an hour hopefully in the next couple days(wow that sounded kinda gay lol) ive been hooked to this forum since i got my mx and there seems to be some really cool smart car guys here, so hope someone can help.
thanks for your time
Bryan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: mx-3 died :( ..... time for a ZE :)

Post by fowljesse »

I want you to get help, so I suggest you do a search, and learn as much as you can. It's like being in a foreign country, and not knowing the language. You get more, and more help, the more you know, and try. The simpler the answer, the more likely you are to get it. For instance, "Can I use a K8 VAF with a ZE?" will get a better response than "What is that round black thing?" I know it's daunting, but give it a try, and search the questions you come up with, too.
You can PM me with specific questions, but I can't walk you through anything. I don't mind talking on the phone, either, if you searched, and it still doesn't make sense.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
atomic froster

Post by atomic froster »

ok, well i think i found my engine, http://www.royaljapanesemotors.com/details.php?id=119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; any input?
Savin

Post by Savin »

Uhhh...since when does a stock curved neck ZE come with 218hp, or even a straight neck ZE for that matter? Somebody is lying somewhere.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”