Reduced power??

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Jordan C

Reduced power??

Post by Jordan C »

For some reason my washer isn't getting enough power to send the water through. I have checked the hoses for blockages and stuck a pin in the outlets but to no avail. You can hear the motor but it doesn't seem able to squirt out the window wash. I don't know if it's related but also the drivers side window struggles to close as it gets to the top. Sometimes it can take up to 30 seconds to close the window.

Both electrical issues could be related I guess but I'm not sure hence posting my query on here :)
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Reduced power??

Post by Ryan »

Try cleaning grounds, check your battery... how does it run? maybe alternator is going...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Jordan C

Post by Jordan C »

Someone else said about alternator recently but as he's not a mechanic I just took it as a possibility but seems it might be a real possibility now. Thanks for your answer.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Strange, window wash motor is not as big power draw and you did say only the drivers side is slow? These two issues are probably unrelated IMO so I would tackle them as such. Check your entire washer system for blockage and if you can't find one replace the washer motor. If that fixes it then trouble shoot your window. Niether system has any relationship to the other as far as I know. If it's the last bit of travel for your window maybe the track or linkage is sticking. Don't continue to use the window unless you have to till you fix it. Have you checked the on line repair manuals?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I wouldn't say alternator unless EVERYTHING is slow... stick to Danny's answer more than mine.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Jordan C

Post by Jordan C »

It's likely the washer motor then as I have cleaned the terminals on the battery and the motor. Why do cars always cost so much money in the run up to christmas lol
abiba_69
BANNED Member

Post by abiba_69 »

This is not a power issue. The washer is the pump is going or there is something stopping the fluid. Try unplugging the washer hose somewhere under the hood, use a blowgun and blow into the outlet and see what happens. As for the slow window, it's more then likely the track or regulator. Try to lube either or.

Chris

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”