92 gs v6 5sp problem?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
atomic froster

92 gs v6 5sp problem?

Post by atomic froster »

hey all, thanks for all the great info about mx-3's, im really excited to swap my k8 for a kl. but before i do i wanna make sure everything else is ok or i will replace it when i have the engine out as i will be paying for shop time already. so my question is when i put the car in gear the rpm goes up, from .5 to about 1.5. does anyone know why this may be?
wytbishop

Re: 92 gs v6 5sp problem?

Post by wytbishop »

could be that your clutch slave cylinder needs to be bled and it's not disengaging the clutch completely so the clutch disk is rubbing the pressure plate even when the clutch pedal is on the floor. Is it difficult at all to get in gear? Do you have to push the clutch all the way to the floor to shift?

That's the easy answer, most other things that could cause that are worse.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
atomic froster

Post by atomic froster »

2nd sometimes and 3rd a little bit i can feel a little resistance but no real trouble shifting.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Does it go up and then drop and repeat? My friend's GS started doing that too, I don't think it's anything serious because he's been driving it like that for about a month now and nothing happened.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride

Return to “Transmissions”