I love MX-3 Style and V6 GS Series

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
farotechy

I love MX-3 Style and V6 GS Series

Post by farotechy »

I don't know where to begin. I have done many renewal jobs to my MX-3 v6 1.8L GS. Besides the Exterior and Leather Interior I need to mention my experience with the engine. My origional Engine had about 265,000k. I have just replaced the engine with Jap 40K engine and let me tell you it goes. I have also placed a new 94 Clutch and system along with many other mechanical parts. Performance mostly. My exhaust system Monza Rox. However, I have been searching and searching for many months on a Intake system that deliversa beautiful cold air flow and power to my wheels :-) I was told K&N didnt have a proper kit to use with Mazda and that Mass Air sensor crap. So I continued to search for Intakes. I purchase my Momo stuff from ppsonline.net and I have never been hgappier with the service and advice given to me. I then asked about purchasing an Intake system from ppsonline.net, anyway in short words he recommended high performance PRM intake systems. PRMracing.com is the awesome, I actually experienced the results of the new Intake system deisigned by Gerry himself. The first ever to be designed Intake from the throttle body. WoW. If anyone is looking for a good Intake system you'll be glad you checked out PRM. NUTS I tell ya!! :-) If I could post Pictures I would... It would blow your mind. I have got some revcordings of the Intake in action. Se3nd me an email at farotechy@yahoo.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I would be glad to give you some info and pics. This would be the first time I post anything and maybe this would help some of you decide on an Intake system. Cheers.
Mazdaspeed96743

Re: I love MX-3 Style and V6 GS Series

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Welcome to the forum :). Yeah I had a PRM intake on my MX-3.. It was spec-tacular mhmm.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome! Why can't you post pics?
We'll help you figure it out, and START A WORKLOG!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

PRM has been around forever. Ive had mine for atleast 8 years. Good stuff!
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

I would like to post the pics on this new intake system but it seems only pics using URL can be done. How do I do it exactly? Can't just copy and paste. Let me know, you guys would love to this new kit that was designed right to the throttle body with the new higher flow filter. I had the older kit and it was great. I contacted Gerry and asked about a new kit for my car. He informed me was working on this Gen 2 intake system. Let me tell you it roares. I honestly did not think I could get more air flow/speed out of my engine. He opened up my eyes. I gotta show you guys, im telling you if you like your cars performance this would rox your world :-)

Please give me some info to post my pics and you'll see. I want to also put my recording of the sound it projects.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

goto http://www.photobucket.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; register for free..and upload your pics to that site..it will then provide you with a copy/past link you can post into your message body, and it will display the picture automatically.
ImageImageImageImage
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

farotechy

Post by farotechy »

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l470/farotechy/5.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l470/farotechy/6.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l470 ... C01689.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

Sweet, thanks bud. The pics are there for you to check out! Gerry's email is prm@look.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Ask about the new Gen 2 Intake Kit he built for *Ivan*. Let me know your feedback if you get one installed.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

wow, i love those rims
ImageImageImageImage
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Did you smoke your tail lights yourself? If so, are they the chrome ones?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Wow, your rims are hot!
Nice.
I'm pretty sure the PRM costs alittle bit and I and everyone else knows intakes don't give you 20 more hp to your wheels. I don't feel that they are worth over 100 bucks. You wont see much of a difference between a homemade intake and the PRM. If your that much into intakes, by all means.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
TOOgreezy

Post by TOOgreezy »

http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l470 ... C01426.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ya those lights look pretty tight, how would you get them smoked like that?
and i believe they were the chrome ones because if you look carefully you can see it
[1996 Mx-3 GS]
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

I ordered the smoked tail lights from E-Bay just search smoked tail lights for mx-3.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”