stalling at lights

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

stalling at lights

Post by ramsen25 »

hey everyone im having a problem my my car starts up when its cold runs perfect after the temp reaches half when i stop at lights i have to hold my foot on the gas or the idle drops and turns off i checked the intake for leak and checked for vacuum leaks nuttin my engine light is on could it be my o2 sensor. thanks
tehbrookzorz

Re: stalling at lights

Post by tehbrookzorz »

What year and what engine? Auto or standard? If it's OBD 1 you can find how to pull the codes on this forum. OBD 2 may require a code scanner. Are you positive that there are no vacuum leaks? I know you've checked, but the accordian-like hose from the airbox to the throttlebody is infamous for leaking.
Cody
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

its the v6 standard, and its 1996
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Jump Ten and Grd and set your idle to around 650rpm with the screw on the top of the TB. Don't touch the set screw/jam nut on the throttle linkage, bottom of TB. Thats factory set. Obviously it may not idle long enough for you to do this so try turning it out 1/2 turn before starting. This adjustment is to be done with the engine warm as well.
EDIT I'm assuming it starts and warms up just fine as you had no info on that.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

k ill give it a try i scanned it on the computer i got egr valve and now my engine light is flashing besides the idle dropping at the lights the car runs mint
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Unbolt, clean and reinstall it. Another one bites it because of EGR.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

k would u be able to help me get to it is it easier to get to it from underneath or the top i have no clue wut the egr looks like and should i be worried of the flashing engine light or could that just be becuz of the egr
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

OK look under your throttle body on the back side of the engine. You'll know its the EGR because there's a line about 1" in diameter going to your exhaust manifold from the EGR. There are also vac and coolant lines. There is a gasket, I just reused mine. Search cleaning egr you should find some recent posts. I'm not sure if it's easier to access from the top or bottom. I did mine with the engine out of the car. You'd need to remove the battery tray to get at it from the top I'm pretty sure of that.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

k kool thanks alot bro

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”