Custom Exhaust

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
zzzoomx3

Re: Custom Exhaust

Post by zzzoomx3 »

no price jump - or increase if that's what you mean. there would be no issue with your muffler, mine is a center in as well. you're basically asking for a 2.5 kit without a muffler..right?
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

I thought the prices listed were for aluminized steel or whatever the basic stuff is. The pics appear to be crush bent. I figured you'd charge more to bend or attain mandrel bent stainless. Obviously the length will be different from stock due to the downpipe being longer than stock headers. Also, is the Magnaflow on your site SS or would that have to be special ordered? Ha ha. Sorry, I'm very specific about some things.
Cody
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

the prices listed are for mild steel/mandrel bent - the materials i get at the moment are pre-bent, but that wont be the case forever. after i sell a few kits i will be getting a bender so i can make more kits, using other materials. if you want aluminum, it will take longer, due to having the materials shipped to me and then, cutting, and bending the kit for you. if you ask me, this is a much better and stronger than the aluminum. i have a mild steel kit on my car and it definitely puts up with a lot of abuse.

as for the downpipe - i will need a measurement from the downpipe to the first bend in the pipe. this should be a 90 degree bend towards the passenger side of the car.

as for the cat - that is not the Magnaflow SS cat on the site - its just a high flow cat - the SS is about twice the price...if you want the SS i can order it for you - i'm trying right now to become an authorized dealer for Magnaflow so i can lower those prices a little bit...

i'd rather you be specific - i dont want to build a kit that wont fit :)
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

update:

leave it to UPS to try and ruin everything. due to the size of the kit - it will be WAY too much to ship as an oversized package - even ground. i almost had a heart attack when they told me the price to ship internationally - even within the US. so, with that being said - the kit will be reconfigured to fit within the size limitations that UPS gave me so i can keep shipping costs down...DO NOT let this dissuade you from buying a kit - i will do everything in my power to keep the kit a simple installation for you, as well as keep the shipping costs down. so if you are wanting to order a kit or have been talking to me about getting a kit - by all means, let's keep moving forward. if i have to deliver the damn things myself - i will - f**king UPS :evil:
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Eh, split it in half, and add a couple flanges and gaskets.

I'd really like a price on the full stainless steel kit without muffler. Can you get stainless flanges? (vibrant performance may be a good supplier for ya).
Cody
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

stainless steel is very expensive in small quantities and i dont have enough orders to get a good bulk rate on stainless - so mild steel or aluminum is where its at for now.

mild-steel kits without a muffler and a Catco catalytic converter are as follows:

1.5 - 175
2.0 - 200
2.5 - 225
3.0 - 250
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

ok guys - i'm going to take a quick poll here -

what products and parts you would like to see more of? you request it, i'll stock it.

thanks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I would love a test pipe that would fit on a 2.25 with headers. I may be interested in a full 2.25 exhaust with the test pipe, and without the muffler.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

well - let me know - i couldnt make a test pipe any cheaper than it is to buy one off eBay - which is where i got mine. but now that i have access to the factory, i get them even cheaper. if you want a 2.5 kit - i have one ready to go - pics are somewhere down a few posts.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I am really happy with my 2.25 (My car's built for low end), but am getting rid of the resonator, and am putting on my headers. If nothing else, I'll buy a 2.25 test pipe. Are you making header compatible exhausts?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

header compatible? not sure i understand your statement. i have after market headers on my ZE - i got them off eBay - the MX6 SS304 headers for $120 and i made a 2.5 kit for my car - i cant say enough how awesome the performance is. with the headers, test pipe, and thrush muffler - i can redline every gear to 8 grand without a hiccup.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I just meant that the ones for headers have to be 5"-8" shorter than stock, since the headers are longer.
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

oh ok - exactly - thats how mine is - so - as long as i have your measurements - it wnt be a problem to make :)
jbud1291

Post by jbud1291 »

hey zoom, i was just looking in this forum and your website and i think its awesome man congrats. im not trying to be annoying lol but im still learning and i wanted kno what would be a good setup for my car. i have the 1.8 v6 and i want an exhaust that will sound very nice and give me some nice power gains, preferably a little more torque than horsepower. what would be a good setup for my car? once again im sorry if this is an annoying question plz dont bash on me lol. o yea and as of right now the car is all stock but i plan to get an intake and headers(if i can find any lol)
93 GS SE - Raspberry metallic. K8 - 2 1/4in exhaust w/Magnaflow street series muffler, Custom intake, Kyb Gr2's w/Apex springs, Full kenwood audio - SOLD
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

thank you jbud - i appreciate it, i believe the headers you can get for the 1.8 are the same ones you can use for the 2.5 - there is no reason i can think of why they wouldnt work. as for the kit a 2.25 or 2.5 kit would be good - i would suggest the 2.5 kit if you plan on upgrading to a turbo or engine swap - its just a good idea to get the exhaust taken care so you wont have to buy another one should you upgrade your engine bay.

i suggest you read the exhaust section on my site - it will tell you all you need to know about exhaust kits and what would be best for you - if you want to know in further detail why i'm suggesting the 2.5.

i can get headers and intakes as well.

Return to “New Product Development”