Blown Motor?..No Compression..93 BP in 94 RS.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JeremyP

Blown Motor?..No Compression..93 BP in 94 RS.

Post by JeremyP »

Ok...so im driving down the highway (402)..and i kinda notice some smoke inside the car..realized it was getting hot..pulled over..and right when i put it into 4th it stalled out...poped the hood..lotta steam..then i realize to the right of the header theres oil dripping down..and onto the ground.. :(..now its home..all plugs out all pistons going up and down..timing belts there..when i crank it over it seems like there is no compression. Thinking it might of jumped a notch or two on the timing belt..would that cause the pistons and valves to hit each other? what kind of damage would that do?..just assuming..havent opened it up yet...just getting some opinions.

Thanks!
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Blown Motor?..No Compression..93 BP in 94 RS.

Post by Ryan »

Mazda builds non interference engines. You don't have bent valves.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

also know as clearences?..just making sure..sunday me and my brother are going to take the motor apart and see how bad it is..any more suggestions?..were kinda going into this one blind.
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

You should probably compression test it before tearing it apart. You can localize the problem with a compression test and oil pressure test easily and quickly without taking anything apart. Any idea where the oil was coming from?
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

ya..brothers comming over tomorrow with compression tester and timing gun and so on..but now im thinking..get another bp and just do a turbo build over winter..something new..but not over the top..dont want to pour to muchmore into it...for refrence there are pics in apperance forum..phantomgray mx-3..thats the one the motor just poped on :(

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”