my new gt3s

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
eyezpinned

my new gt3s

Post by eyezpinned »

took some people's advice and went from a 17 inch motegi 205/40/17 to a 15 inch rota 195/60/15 :
93 rs: tokico struts & eibach springs, 15' rota gt3s, cf hood & gas lid, 2.5' exhaust w high-flow cat, tranny cooler, reupholstered seats, custom black interior, chrome miata handles, momo wheel & ebrake, spyder black projector lights w hid, altezzas, clear corners/sides, eclipse 8454 hu, diamond hex components w/ 3-way add-on & an re se 15' powered by 300/2v2 & 500/1 jl slash amps, corksport mazdaspeed bumper, euro mini sideskirts, fresh paint
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: my new gt3s

Post by Mooneggs »

now you just need to lower that bad boy...
eyezpinned

Post by eyezpinned »

im actually trying to avoid lowering it... i already lost a lot of clearance w/ the bumper (more than the pics do justice). ive only bottomed out twice on sorta steep driveways, but it drives me crazy... i think the thicker tires address the wheel space a little. what i really want to do is get some feedback from someone that's lowered their car w/ a low hanging bumper to figure out if i can get a noticeable drop, or if id just be wasting $
93 rs: tokico struts & eibach springs, 15' rota gt3s, cf hood & gas lid, 2.5' exhaust w high-flow cat, tranny cooler, reupholstered seats, custom black interior, chrome miata handles, momo wheel & ebrake, spyder black projector lights w hid, altezzas, clear corners/sides, eclipse 8454 hu, diamond hex components w/ 3-way add-on & an re se 15' powered by 300/2v2 & 500/1 jl slash amps, corksport mazdaspeed bumper, euro mini sideskirts, fresh paint
colinf004

Post by colinf004 »

I beleive you are wasting your money......... unless you can probably slap an air ride system on it lol :P :love:
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

lol they look funny! Maybe when you lower it will look better :D

Mine are the rare 17" size. I never bottom out even this low, but you might more than I do, since you have a longer nose on that bumper. Maybe buy one of those sheet metal under cover so it doesn't scratch the bumper. :shrug:

colinf004

Post by colinf004 »

at the car wash I see, wheres the sparkle??? gotta scrub harder next time lol
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

mx-3_4evr wrote:lol they look funny! Maybe when you lower it will look better :D

Mine are the rare 17" size. I never bottom out even this low, but you might more than I do, since you have a longer nose on that bumper. Maybe buy one of those sheet metal under cover so it doesn't scratch the bumper. :shrug:

Those arent gt3's then if they are 17's.

They are Drag dr16's, either way a good wheel. Can you post up or send me more pics of your car? I am interested in that wheel in gold with the polished lip...
Last edited by solo_ryder on September 5th, 2008, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Hey...nice rims!
I had the MP5 front bumper on my mx3. It sticks out farther and hangs lower than a stock bumper. With the ground control coil-over sleeves, I was only really able to lower maybe an inch drop, and I drove very carefully, and like you said, only really bad angles would it scrape/bottom out :shrug:

(off topic, was that you that outbid me on eBay for the CF gas door cover :crying: :lol: )
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
eyezpinned

Post by eyezpinned »

(off topic, was that you that outbid me on eBay for the CF gas door cover?)
how'd you know? lol...
anyway, this morning i actually measured my ground clearance and i was looking at 5.75 inches. so i figure if i dropped it with some h&rs id be looking at 4.25 of clearance. anyone have a daily driver w/ similar clearance?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Is that on the front?

I am like 3.5"-4" off the ground from my gs lip... and I am ok

eyezpinned

Post by eyezpinned »

guess id be cool then... solo, how much of a drop is that in the pics?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Hm, not to sure, proly 2.5" from stock.. I am running ground controls on zx2 struts

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”