I'm looking for a pre 1994 Mazda MX-3 1.8 V6 ECU.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
daryl

Post by daryl »

I need it to fit a Probinator chip to my ECU for my KLZE to run properly.

It needs to have a specific number on the actual Chip inside the ECU.

Here is info to check if it is the correct ECU:

I need those numbers. the last 4 digits mainly. If it starts with a 16** it CANNOT be chipped. Example would be in the picture that one cannot be chipped.If it starts with like a 2*** it CAN be chipped.

k8 ecu questions.
Alot of people swap in the KLZE motors into the mx-3. Something to remember is, not all k8 ecus can be chipped. Only certain ones can. What I need to know is the eprom number inside your ecu. In the picture here is where the chip is at.

First take off the 4 phillips screws on top. Then there are like 4 or 5 more holding part of the ecu in. Take out those, and then flip up the board and look for the eprom with a sticker I circled it in red in the picture below. I need those numbers. the last 4 digits mainly. If it starts with a 16** it CANNOT be chipped. Example would be in the picture that one cannot be chipped. If it starts with like a 2*** it CAN be chipped.

I am based in the UK.
marcdh

Re: I'm looking for a pre 1994 Mazda MX-3 1.8 V6 ECU.

Post by marcdh »

Good luck buddy! There seems to be a few people after one in the WTB section, which is probably where this should be :P

I bought one off ebay uk from supposedly a 95 (lies methinks), and it was chippable and is running sweet. But my 95 ecu in my car originally was not chippable.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Make sure the one board is shorter than the other or the chip won't work. I know he says check the numbers and you should do that but it's been found that if it's one with both boards the same size chances are it isn't shipable. 92 ECU boards aren't chipable so scratch those off your list as well.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
noluv

Post by noluv »

one on ebay now,not sure if it the one you want but defo a v6 ecu.
atb

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”