air intake

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
tomfinn

air intake

Post by tomfinn »

if you get a cold air intake with the long intake tube, where does the mass air flow meter go?

should i do a KnN that bolts directly up to the mass airflow meter or should i do a cold air intake?

and which one is better? thanks guys
Mi|<E

Re: air intake

Post by Mi|<E »

You cannot eliminate the mass air flow. Incorporate it into your cold air intake
or your car will not start.

After having done the CAI id suggest you spend the money on a good K&N to put on the end of the intake tube that is already there. It doesnt make alot of difference on the performance end, just makes the car sound different. Unless your intake tube is all cracked up, id keep it there and just take out the huge air box. If you look at how the stock stuff is set up it is actually a factory cold air intake setup. The air enters from the hood and is diverted around and such to the airbox.
Egfconnor

Post by Egfconnor »

i went to advanced auto parts today and bought a universal intake, and put it on using a couple parts from the stock assembly, mainly the elbow rubber piece that connects directly to the throttle body, worked out pretty good id say anything should work just make sure its got connections for everything, and that it avoids the battery...if i was to relocate the battery it would have been cake.
Egfconnor

Post by Egfconnor »

oh and i did incorporate the mass air flow sensor into it.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”