Altezza Moisture

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
your2slow

Re: Altezza Moisture

Post by your2slow »

hey raspmetalicmx3se, can you send me a pic your you tinted lights....i'm planning on doing it in a few days....I just finished tinting the side blinkers...looks awsome.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Hey your2slow, here are pics. of tinted, all red, original and altezza tail lights on MX-3's <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... 1&t=000188" TARGET=_blank>http://www.mx-3.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb. ... =000188</A>
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

i love my all red tails...only thing that really matches on my car. anyone wanna give me some paint?
DVH

Post by DVH »

Sorry if i offended anyone,just my opinion! but just wanted to post this.........funny! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Please keep all remarks and pics that may be offensive, even though funny, off of the board. <P>Jeff and I both get complaints constantly. You claim we are too hard on the UBB, but you dont see the other side of the matter. As a job of an admin, we try to keep the peace, as well as enforce the rules. The decisions we make may seem drastic or rediculous, but we do whats best for the UBB, not for an individual person.
DVH

Post by DVH »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Custommx3:<BR><STRONG>Please keep all remarks and pics that may be offensive, even though funny, off of the board. <P>Jeff and I both get complaints constantly. You claim we are too hard on the UBB, but you dont see the other side of the matter. As a job of an admin, we try to keep the peace, as well as enforce the rules. The decisions we make may seem drastic or rediculous, but we do whats best for the UBB, not for an individual person.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm sorry, i see ur point barry and understand completely! I just thought it was funny, <BR>sorry again!<P> :(
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Too be honest I must admit, I now have a pair of Altezza lights. I didn't pay for them however, I got them as part of a deal to create a website for Oscar which will be finished very soon. I am not sure how well they will look on my car but in the spring I will put them on. If I don't like them then I can always sell them. I don't think I would have ever bought them on my own but since I got them for free I might as well try them out on my car for a while at least.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Haha I have practically an entire body kit just sitting in my room :)<P> Image
DVH

Post by DVH »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andrew_Pakula:<BR><STRONG>Haha I have practically an entire body kit just sitting in my room :)<P> :D
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

So, I'm reviving this because it was never really finished, it just turned into an arguement...

Mine have some serious condensation too, and I'm a little ticked. They've also been sealed with black sillicone. Not sure if 2fazed did this, or its stock... he said he didn't, though.

at 210F in my oven, its decently coming apart. although I don't want to break them, so I'm going slow... the clips are rediculous, all coverd in sillicone... its really annoying. :|

I got it open enough to blow into there, so thats what I did. Heated it up and most evapouated, but you take it out again and it will condence, not as bad, but it does... I think the best option is drilling holes so the inside and outside can match temperatures/humidities... Unless you can trap zero humidity in there, which would be achieved with sub freeizing air... I'm debating tossing it in the freezer for awhile, but that will merely freeze the water already in it... There's no solution! Not my in arsenal, at least...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

The way moisture gets inside is through the bulb holes - the bulb holders have rubber seals that are supposed to seal out the air - but as with any old part they degrade and let moisture in. They also deal with extreme temperature variations (bulb on - high temperature, off - cooling) within a matter of minutes or sometimes seconds - if you are riding the brakes.....

The best solution is to have plenty of ventilation holes just like the stock headlights/tail lights.

If you want to remove moisture completely then you will have to fill it with nitrogen and and seal "everything" - including the bulb holes... and you will have to put some silicone based moisture absorbing pellets in there too....
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

i had the same trouble ... i went and get some silicon to put, and then i found out that i couldnt put it ...
So i went the other way around
If i cant help that moisture gets in, i could make a way for it to get out.
I made 3 holes on the Altezzas, and it works fine :wink:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Yup, that's what I have to say. Pop a few holes in some out of the way places and you won't have another problem, unless you're a fiend with a pressure washer. Then you'll still get water in 'em... but it'll go away.

Return to “Appearance”