Anyone else have a Pacesetter short throw shifter?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

Anyone else have a Pacesetter short throw shifter?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I have one but the stock bushings are a little small for them.
I have sent a email to Pacesetter, dont expect a reply till Monday atleast. But till than, has anyone with this STS found other methods for bushings?
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Anyone else have a Pacesetter short throw shifter?

Post by Mooneggs »

I am using bronzoil bushings with both of my pacesetter adjustable short throw shifters :shrug:
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Mooneggs wrote:I am using bronzoil bushings with both of my pacesetter adjustable short throw shifters :shrug:
Have you ever tried to fit the stock bushings with the Pacesetter adjustable STS?
Im worried. I dont want to buy bronzoil bushings from Corksports and end up finding out that they are still too small.
Did you notice that the bottom part of the STS has a slightly bigger radius than the stock shifter?

Oh yeah, I just got a email from them. Those a--holes dont have bushings for the MX3 STS.
Last edited by Juans_93_MX3 on August 4th, 2008, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

now that I think about it... hmm it's been a while since I've been under there to look... so I'm not sure exactly...

I THOUGHT I was using bronzoil bushings... it will be next weekend before I can investigate lol if I feel like jacking the car up :wink:

sorry for the misinformation until I can confirm!
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Mooneggs wrote:hmm it's been a while since I've been under there to look... so I'm not sure exactly...

I THOUGHT I was using bronzoil bushings... it will be next weekend before I can investigate lol if I feel like jacking the car up :wink:
Ill just ask Corcksports if their bushing have a bigger radius than stock.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I just installed mine and I didn't notice a size difference between bronze bushings and stock bushings - both fit fine in my cheapie ebay STS and my stock shifter.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:I just installed mine and I didn't notice a size difference between bronze bushings and stock bushings - both fit fine in my cheapie ebay STS and my stock shifter.
Damn. i guess I will have to modify my shifter
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Are you sure you got the right shifter from the company?
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Are you sure you got the right shifter from the company?
I forgot who i boought it from but I think I bought it for... maybe $30. It came with no bushings. It was about 1.5 years ago.

Here are some pics
I think the best thing for me to do. Is make that radius smaller. As ghetto as this sounds. I been thinking of using electrical tape to make the radius small enough to where the stock bushings fit in tightly.

2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

thats a pretty big differnce. i bet romeo's right and you have a shifter from a different model. i would rather use a stock shifter than a ghetto rigged one that wasn't meant for my car
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Yeah either go back to stock for now and argue with the company, or argue with the company and buy a cheapie ebay short shifter. 20$ on ebay is what I got, and it works great (well feels great since I havn't driven the car yet)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:[I think the best thing for me to do. Is make that radius smaller. As ghetto as this sounds. I been thinking of using electrical tape to make the radius small enough to where the stock bushings fit in tightly.
electrical tape will break down quickly with the amount of friction the bushings take and soon you would have a wobbly shifter in the linkage... I would vote NO on this idea :roll:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

the thing is I've used shifters out of MX-6's, 626's and even Protege's and they were all the same so I can't figure what that shifter would be for. Could be that it's supposed to come with its own bushings and you didn't get tehm when you bought it.

I would email Pacesetter again and clarify if they don't sell the bushigns separately or if the shifter is suposed to use the stock ones and it does not require different bushings. If they say it doesn't require different bushings then you have the wrong shifter. If they're only available to be purchased with the shifter then you will have to fight with them to get them to sell you or give you some.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

wytbishop wrote:the thing is I've used shifters out of MX-6's, 626's and even Protege's and they were all the same so I can't figure what that shifter would be for. Could be that it's supposed to come with its own bushings and you didn't get tehm when you bought it.

I would email Pacesetter again and clarify if they don't sell the bushigns separately or if the shifter is suposed to use the stock ones and it does not require different bushings. If they say it doesn't require different bushings then you have the wrong shifter. If they're only available to be purchased with the shifter then you will have to fight with them to get them to sell you or give you some.
Yeah I bought it from someone on here. Not directly from them.
Im going to email them pics. See if they know which shifter it is. Its defiantley a Pacesetter shifter. Going to try to find the right bushings
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

hey man, know what you mean, how funny yesterday i also started to mount the shortshifter but afer 5 minutes i ran across exactly the same problem with the bushings, at first i thought that i might be the bronze oil, but after removed the stock shifter i saw that they fit 100% in the stock but has a couple of mms of space across.

so i got me a 22mm copper waterpipe, i have sawn of a small section of tube, this fitted brilliantly then the bushings and then in the car.

look it up, just get a small tube or something with a thin sidewall
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”