SuperK's Custom Gauge Project - With Ryan's Rings

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
WhiteFinish

Re: SuperK's Custom Gauge Project - With Ryan's Rings

Post by WhiteFinish »

onlytrueromeo wrote:
by the way, just for confirmation, you remove the pin from the motor on the needles when swapping guage plates? i am not sure which part breaks/stops working when removed
Do you want to add indiglo gauges like on ebay? If so, you should not need to remove the needles. I was able to get mine over and sit nicely on top...it just takes a bit of maneuvering. You have to slide the center part over the needle and slightly bend/fold the gauge face itself so that it can get over the whole thing. Just be gentle. If you remove the needles, you will prob have to re-calibrate them. Gas shouldn't be too hard, but the others could be.

I would err on the side of caution and not remove the needles. Just be careful not to break them!
How can you recalibrate your gas gauge?? I think i've spind mine around to many times. It always point to full (i wish it was)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Does you gas gauge move at all? If you've spun it alot, you might have broken the servo/gearing of whatever spins it, or it might just be stuck at the upper end, trying to move more. (basically saying FULL is empty, and anything past it, it won't move for.)

I ended up knocking my gas needle off, but I knew how much gas I had (full) so I put it back on in the full position and it worked fine.

Have you tried resetting it with the keys in the ignition in the on position? (but car off to save gas) That might work, unless trhe mechanism is broken.
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

SuperK wrote:It has both. Both the green condoms, and the back of the faceplates is also green.

so if thats true how do i change the color withought buyin new faces or scraping anything

i mean if the face and condoms are green how would i do it try figuring out what color mixed with green gets ???????? for exampl how would i go from green to blue
LIFE IS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITED, TERMINAL, DESIESE. AND WE ALL SUFFER FROM IT.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

mudflap13 wrote:

so if thats true how do i change the color withought buyin new faces or scraping anything

i mean if the face and condoms are green how would i do it try figuring out what color mixed with green gets ???????? for exampl how would i go from green to blue
Join up with a kindergarten class for a day or two. Mix paints on finger-painting day, and you'll find out what colors make what when mixed ;)

The way the gauge cluster is designed, the light from the bulbs "spread" too much, I think, to change the color. But I don't exactly know this because I haven't tried different color bulbs with it on. so it's all just a big MP (MOOT POINT)
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
acexl

Post by acexl »

mudflap13 wrote:
SuperK wrote:It has both. Both the green condoms, and the back of the faceplates is also green.

im 98% sure about this but blue is a primary color that means that green+ "(insert color here)" wont give you blue, at least is so for colors in art or physical mediums, lights idk so much, imo one of those lil caps moonegs got seems to be the best option, or change the bulbs :P
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

turns out that autozone has colored bulbs the correct size. a filmed bulb should be brighter than one slung in a condom.

Procreation isn't a concern.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Yes but make sure you wash with Spray 9, it kills HIV virus very quickly, so you have to be careful without those plastic tips.
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

acexl wrote:
mudflap13 wrote:

im 98% sure about this but blue is a primary color that means that green+ "(insert color here)" wont give you blue, at least is so for colors in art or physical mediums, lights idk so much, imo one of those lil caps moonegs got seems to be the best option, or change the bulbs :P

lol i am aware green is a primary color lol i was just curious if any body had any luck wit dis and if there were any pics of the result thanks for the input

oh and my view on procreation " life is a sexually transmited terminal disease and we all suffer from it"
Savin

Post by Savin »

Blue is primary, not green. :P Green is what we call a "secondary" color. You take 2 primaries (blue + yellow) and you get a secondary called green. :D
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
mudflap13

Post by mudflap13 »

yeah yeah i know and blue and red make purple :shrug:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Great post, I want to wait untill I have a spare gauge before customizing. I guess I got no balls.(feels embarrassed) Lots of good points here. Thanks guys. SuperK, just what else do you need those little condoms for???????????????????? :lol:
Last edited by Daninski on August 14th, 2008, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Savin wrote:Blue is primary, not green. :P Green is what we call a "secondary" color. You take 2 primaries (blue + yellow) and you get a secondary called green. :D
K wait...so Blue is primary and Green is secondary...but then blue + green...hang on I gotta get a pen...NO WAIT!!! CRAYONS!!!!
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Primary colors:

RGB:
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Daninski wrote: SuperK, just where else do you need those little condoms for???????????????????? :lol:

Well, if you look at my present hobby, I collect parts for other people.

Dan, I see you have interest? Since they are green, you can possibly yell, "I AM THE HULK!" while being fully protected?
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I do believe this will be my finished product:

Bane