[GI] REAL CARBON FIBER HATCH INTERESTED???

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: [GI] REAL CARBON FIBER HATCH INTERESTED???

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

not enough money. :crying:

Still trying to make it fast b4 I can afford to make her look good.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

Hmmmm...so tempting... I can not for sure say yes yet, but I am definitely very interested. :?
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:not enough money. :crying:

Still trying to make it fast b4 I can afford to make her look good.
Well, there's always time to make it go fast, parts will always be there (but good deal are hard to pass up if you come across any). However there are cases where if you can wait (obviously you odn't want to affect the reliability of your car and you want to keep it maintained), sometimes you need to jump on opertunities like this. It seems that we'll have a hard time getting 10 people in on this. So more likely if it happens it'll be a one time thing. So if anyone doesn't get in on this, you either lose out forever, or pay at least 2x on getting a one-off CF hatch done.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I'm very interested! Few ?s before you count me in: When do you need a deposit by? How much? and by when is this going to be done by? I would like the CF one that has the little window & GS spoiler option :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mx-3_4evr wrote:I'm very interested! Few ?s before you count me in: When do you need a deposit by? How much? and by when is this going to be done by? I would like the CF one that has the little window & GS spoiler option :D
For what was decided, it's going to be just a stock hatch with no spoiler. I guess he could make a GS spoiler later, but just the standard hatch itself with no garnish or spoiler, which would be good for everyone. Myself, I need with neither. I definitely want the stock little window too.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Matt

Post by Matt »

Is that stock window an option? I would want it out. As well ditto to the questions asked above.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Matt wrote:Is that stock window an option? I would want it out. As well ditto to the questions asked above.
I'm not sure, but I'd bet we've have to agree on 1 standard design. However, the case with that window, is that I wouldn't be surprised if that part would have to be cut-out in the end and you could always ask to have that piece left on, but that's up to Oscar, and they'll probaly only be able to confirm that once the first hatch is made. What would be another option, if cutting it out isn't an option, would be to just have a CF insert made that goes in there instead of the window. Myself, I want the window.

Also remember too that some of us legally require a 3rd brake light.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I would suggest keeping the window. An insert could be made to accomodate those that want to eliminate it. Of course, that would come at an additional charge as a separate mold is needed for that piece which can be molded right from the piece of glass itslef. Just an idea. I think most guys here will agree to keeping the window.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

that sounds like a good idea... I definately want a window (I'll put lexan there) but that's what I use to look out when I'm backing up :shock:
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

what the hell put me on the list. I'm gonna trust this seems how it will probably never happen again.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I want the window, too, and if anything, I'd want it a little bigger.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

The 3rd brake light window will be difficult to make bigger; that's probably not an option, sorry.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol: That's cool, I didn't think so... I was just trying to emhpasize that I want it to be there. :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Just like that, we now have 10 ppl of which 50% are confirmed.

I'm going to make this even easier to get the other 50% on board...

I understand money is an issue and by no means am I rolling around in it. What If i break it down into 3 equal deposits. This makes it easier on you guys (as well as myself) and provides enough for startup costs and tooling.

As the project progesses, I will ask for the second deposit in order to start getting the hatches produced. The last deposit will be right before your items gets shipped out. In other words, you can take as long as you want (reasonably) to get your last payment together and have you hatch shipped out.

So;

Dep 1: $200
Dep 2: $200
Dep 3: $200 + shipping cost

How does that sound?
OSKY

mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

Sounds good! Count me in! PM me about when do you need the 1st deposit by. Can't wait for this!

Return to “New Product Development”