CEL codes 17, 24 02 sensor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MgXs3

CEL codes 17, 24 02 sensor

Post by MgXs3 »

ok pulled codes 17 and 24 (02 bosth sides inactivation error) and im hoping this is why my idle is at 2000-2500 the whole time with no vacuum leaks and the idle screw is all the way down. Would the o2 sensors cause my car to have a high idle? Do i have to replace them?
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Re: CEL codes 17, 24 02 sensor

Post by V8KOMX3 »

im not sure if that will cause high idle. have you reset your tps sensor?
if your pulling o2 sensor codes I would change them because chances are they are bad. You can reset your codes and then check them again after driving awhile and see if you still get the codes.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

yeah i reset the ecu. I cleaned my IAC i triple checked for leaks i changed my i cold air intake setup and still idles super high, I adjusted my TPS with a ohmeter the right way, i sprayed/cleaned my TB and i cant get rid of it its making me really angry. I dont know what to check next
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

For most models the ECU must be in diagnostic mode when you adjust idle - otherwise it will try to compensate (using IACV) for any changes you make - move the idle screw midway and then put the ecu into diag mode and try to set your idle to 700. Before that it may be a good idea to change the filters and clean the intake with seafoam and clean the fuel system with some injector cleaner.
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

hey thanks ill give that a try and let you know
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Yes if you didn't have your car in Diag mode the ECU will try to compensate so you never adjust the idle until you've jumped Ten and Gnd. I reset my ECU after then started the car (it idles rough at first (and I assume) then smooths out as the ECU learns). Let your car run for 15 mins or so after before you shut it off reving the engine a little by hand every so often (or go for a drive).
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

ok i took a look at work and me and this guy were checking things out and when i took off the filter and pushed the vaf in just a little bit my idle dropped like to where i needed it. I thought it might be my vaf so i swapped in a probe gt and i thought you couldnt use it but i tried it anyways and my idle went down but then it was acting up when i moved the throttle so i switched back. I jumped ten and grnd and set my idle and it still idles hight but for some reason i got it down to around 1000 which isnt as bad as 2000. I wish i knew what was wrong.
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Could this be something about the Timming?
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

nah timing .. i doubt it.. if you got the o2 sensor inactivation error.. it means your car is running in limp mode..

it wont idle right or run right.

If its o2 sensor code.. replace em.

Ive never had luck with universal o2 sensors tho.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MgXs3

Post by MgXs3 »

well does anyone know of any place that would have both for pretty cheap? i seen some on ebay but theres like 5 different types.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”