Burn out Bragging Rights

Off-Topic Discussions
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Burn out Bragging Rights

Post by Daninski »

Obviously I'm missing the irony, sorry. I was expecting some kind of, "the tires were old so I spin the sh*t out" of them type of senerio. Didn't mean to undermine your irony, my bad.

Dan go and lick the car battery as your punishment.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

EGR wrote:this one time, i burned out and this kids CEL light came on it was just so freaking AWESOME!!! he ended up crying for like 2 hours i swear

Why do you have to bring up bad memories? I swear if only penicillin took care of you like all of the other problems the world would be a better place.
MCNano117

Post by MCNano117 »

Stablo87 wrote:
EGR wrote:this one time, i burned out and this kids CEL light came on it was just so freaking AWESOME!!! he ended up crying for like 2 hours i swear

Why do you have to bring up bad memories? I swear if only penicillin took care of you like all of the other problems the world would be a better place.

Solution: Delete EGR.
1994 Mazda MX3 RS | Rebuilt B6DE | Stock
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

More stories, come on. We all have a story to tell I'm sure.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Pwaha. I'm glad i finally found this thread. I've had powerful cars, but never got into burning out for some reason, but...
I had a hollowed out 3/4 ton Chevy van that I built for travelling, and the stuff I did for fuel efficiency made it strong, so I had to be careful to not spin the tires. I would warn firends who drove it, but still, it would squeal until they let off, and tried again. I used to rev on hondas, and beat them up to third.
I got a new back tire on a motorcycle, and didn't know the mold release was still on there. I figured it would be MORE grippy. So, I went to wheelieout of a turn, and instead of standing it straight, I spun. Luckily, I slammed down my foot, and didn't drop it :oops:

OOHH! Here's a burnout, and FAILED! Before I knew any better, I used to "Nuetral drop" my friend's Dad's Tempo, until.. "My Dad doesn't want me to hang out with you anymore".

Here's a "Pre-burnout" that was fun. I had a '73 Cutlass with a blueprinted "Rocket" 350 that I cut the roof off of above the windows. I would run up the back in 2 steps, drop into the driver's seat, start it, and burn out, all in about 4 seconds.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I think there's a spot for you on the next, "Dukes of Hazard". Why do I feel that sometimes your just a little bit Red Neck. :roll:

Hey have you ever Armouralled your motor bike seat because it looked so shiny, I did. you finish the story. :oops:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

OK I had a couple of 'Peelers' in the car and they said they liked to go fast so I did a couple of donuts (red neck) in the parking lot, buried the wheel wells in smoke then stripped the spider gears in the rear end of my 340 69 Dart Swinger. All the way back to Toronto they kept asking what the grinding noise was in the back of the car. :oops:
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I grew up in Scottsdale, Arizona, and rode in Rodeos when I was 6. It's in my blood. It's funny, though, we considered ourselves sophisticated, and "Rednecks" were the poor farmers. It was VERY derrogatory, and if you called someone it, you'd have to be prepared to fight. Now it's endearing :?
What's a Redneck's last words?

"We're really DOIN it!"

I didn't Armourall the bike seat. Sarah just really likes riding it. The end.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Daninski, puts his fists up but prepares for the a-- kicking to come. Anywa I pulled out on the street and cranked the throttle and my a-- literally slid right off the seat. I was holding on by my fingure nails. Lesson. Never Arourall your bike seat.
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
7477th member.

MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Well , I never really had muscle cars I was always into little imports , but for awhile in my younger days I had a 94 hyundai elantra with a JDM 1.8 DOHC swap. Car was pretty quick and geared real low. Actually would have made a great little stunt car , it was actually so light and nimble that I can do full e-brake 360's at around 35-40mph ..
But I was in a parking lot one day , and had just recieved a free set of tires and rims for the car so I decided to burn off the old ones . After starting with about half I dropped the clutch , got 2nd , continued in second for about 2 minutes only moving about 9-12 inches then decided to try 3rd where it failed miserably to continue spinning so I released the e-brake only to find out wires were sticking out and i dug up about 1/2 inch of pavement. Thats probraly the most impressive one I did , I'm not much of a burnout guy ..

But as for smoking people out , I think I might take the crown , I had a 2000 Audi A4 1.8t and as some of you may know they are known for their sludge problems on their oil pickup screen on the oil pumps .. I was pretty determined not to drop my subframe to get to the pan , so I did some extensive searching on the audi forums , and a couple of guys remedied the problem with a pretty extensive oil flush which consisted of taking one quart of kerosene or deisel and the rest your normal amount of oil , letting the car idle with no load for about 15-30 minutes . the the car off drain the oil , reinstall the plug and fill the engine all the way up , yes ALL the way up with diesel fuel (some may say this is a bad idea with the detergents in the fuel but some knowledgable people did this before me with great success , so I said hey its worth a try.) then you let the car sit overnight with nearly 5 gallons of diesel in the engine . the next day when I drained it , you would be absolutely flabbergasted by the amount of debris that came out of my engine , it was the dirtiest most disgusting thing ever . after that process , you take the old oil filter off , and reinstall a new oil filter , with this you also install the cheapest oil you can find , and run the car idling for about 30-45 minutes , cleaning out all of the diesel out of the system, in this process , your car will be a smoke machine from all of the blowby diesel that may have escaped into your engine , and by smoke machine , I mean , wow rediculous clear out your neighborhood , so after idling for about 15 minutes , it stopped , and I let it idle for about another 20 minutes just to make sure everything else was out as well , drained that oil and put a new filter in , then I refilled with mobil1 and my upgraded Mann filter and decided to see if the oil light would come back on , well i crept out of my driveway , and all was normal until I pulled out onto the road .. And this is where the story starts ... I brought the engine up into boost , and I was instantly fogging the roadway . and by fogging I mean an impassible wall of smoke , stopping traffic for about 5 minutes in front of my house this smokescreen was approximately 1/2 mile long (must have been from the fuel that crept through the turbo into the boost tubes ) but it was absolutely amazing .. I have never seen anything like it in my entire life, amazing actually .. but after that 1/2 mile it cleared up except for a couple high boost occasions in the next 2 miles where I was actually trying to get the rest out , and must I say the flush worked amazing now after 25,000 miles the oil light has never come back on as I know the person who purchased the car from me .

Sorry if that story seems like a thread highjack , but it was a smokeshow story at least :shrug:
haha

Kris -
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

:lol:
Reminds me of driving in Mexico.
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Great thats how I want to be remembered on the forum , the mexican style smoke machine .. :lol:
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D

Return to “Off-Topic”