how much mods will it take

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
huntingking01

how much mods will it take

Post by huntingking01 »

i was just curious on how many mods i would have to do if i wanted to drop in a small block v8 in my mx3 any one have any answers and maybe has anyone tried this before
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: how much mods will it take

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

huntingking01 wrote:i was just curious on how many mods i would have to do if i wanted to drop in a small block v8 in my mx3 any one have any answers and maybe has anyone tried this before
You must leave now.
huntingking01

Post by huntingking01 »

well my father just purchased a mx3 and was wanting to drag it and we figured a small block v8 would do the trick for sure
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

No one has attempted it. Reason Why...Cause basically all it will be is a Mx-3 shell. I'm guessing that there's be between 50% to 90% of the Mx-3 woud have to be customised and replaced with basically only the outter body panels, the unibody being used as a shell and the interior, that's about it. You may need to make a custom tube chassis for it.

Here's a Rotary Mx-3. It doesn't show the underside in his pics, you can see there has been alot of custom work involved.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-MX ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's a thread of a guy putting an LS1 in a Civic:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2004368&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good luck.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

No idea why anyone would do this. Domestic guys are odd.

General topic is not a really good place for this. Either way. Who gives a sh!t if it's a 4 or a v6 that you start with. you are going to have to cut and weld a tunnel for your drive shaft. Get a fuel cell... drive shaft will be using it's current space. Rip out engine, ecu, cluster. etc. You may need a customer dash as well. Custom suspension... Too much fab work to mention. I also kinda doubt you'd be able to close the hood and get a custom rad to cool that tech limited gas chugger.

Either way, congrats on insulting everyone on the forum by bringing this up.
huntingking01

Post by huntingking01 »

that is alot of work i didnt think it would be in depth but thank you for your help i think i will just stick with the klze swap now to find one in good condition
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ha Ha, man thats funny. RS_OBD'oh_2 you need to learn to say what your really feeling. lol Yes some ideas are just a little out there. Why not install a ZE and turbo it. You could even NOS it and spin your brains out all the way down the track. I firmly believe you should never dampen enthusiasium but it needs to be tempered with common sense. (not bad eh?) now back to our regularly scheduled nonsense.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Sorry, I am genetically predisposed to be an a$$hole… Does it show?

I am willing to help any time. But ya, I do tend to throw in some attitude when I don't agree with something.

Sorry Everyone.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:Sorry, I am genetically predisposed to be an a$$hole… Does it show?
Yes it does :P
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

That was funny. Anyone who didn't think RS_OBD'oh_2 comment was funny needs to leave this forum right now. I've gotta go for a coffee break now. LMAO

Anyway you can't help it,,,,your from Alberta. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Find a Hatch back Mustang for cheap. One that is still working.

Cut out everything underneath the shell of the MX-3. Make a chassis like Civette did. The rest wouldnt be too hard. Put sometype of aftermarket racing suspension and lower.

Not really creative but I imagine a MX3 like that would weigh in at about 2800lbs. Thats pretty light for a car with good low end torque

Sure as hell be a sleeper
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

I think there's a V8 Focus floating around the net too
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

How many mods? I'm already in the thousands and still counting.
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

heres a v8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Tamp2fHhg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

coltfoet5 wrote:How many mods? I'm already in the thousands and still counting.
thousands of mods?!..... :shock: ....wat are they? haha jk i knew what you meant
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”