CARBON FIBRE PRODUCTS

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Re: CARBON FIBRE PRODUCTS

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

The mold for the wiper cowl is actually too involved in order to get the mounting points proper. Probably the last thing on my list.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

http://www.pakfeifertuning.com
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Really?

One thing I've already really wanted is CF fenders.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

alright then,

-Any interior part really maintly the glove box, center consul thing (thing thats around the climate control, know what i mean? and from there back...), the outer lip thing around the dash, vents, mirror holder.... the list could go on but thats it for me...

-triangluar peice holding the side mirrors

-gass door lid

-some kind of low profile spoiler

-sun roof peice

-door handles (interior and exterior)

-seamless lip

-wiper blades

-custom made cup holder in the center consul! i hade having to use a towel as a cup holder...

i think thats it.... :D
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
EGR
Supporting Member

Post by EGR »

i forgot one

Slimline CF visors
Bringing Love and Unity to all Mx3ers one engine at a time
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

im down for just about everything that has been suggested
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

So for a carbon fibre hatch, its going to cost about $600 + shipping.

In order to make it, we woould need a minimum of 10 commited to the buy and 1 donor car. The donor would receive compensation for the time it takes us to tool the mold together.

Gas door lid is already available as is the CF rad support. I can have those ready on a moments notice.

I will work hard to get the hatch into production, but we will need at least 10 guys+ donor car.

Fenders are also a big possibility but so far onlty one person interested; we wuld need at least 10 for any part to go into production that isnt already tooled.
OSKY
95 MX-3 GS ZE Turbo: MSnS-extra, AEM WB, Blitz boost controller, MSD 6A w/ Blaster2 Coil, ZE disty, Redtops @ 550, Walbro 255, Garrett T3/T04E 60 Trim w/ .63 A/R, 38mm Deltagate Mark II @4psi, FMIC, Apexi BOV, CM Dual friction, 4-6.25 Kickers, 2ch Alpine V12. That's Alll.

EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

I forgot to add that the front GS continuous lip in CF is also another personal favourite but again 10 guys minimum + 1 donor car/lip
OSKY

the_anj

Post by the_anj »

+1 for a seamless lip. I'd be more than willing to send over my lip as a donor in order to see this done.
'94 GS-DE
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:So for a carbon fibre hatch, its going to cost about $600 + shipping.

In order to make it, we woould need a minimum of 10 commited to the buy and 1 donor car. The donor would receive compensation for the time it takes us to tool the mold together.

Gas door lid is already available as is the CF rad support. I can have those ready on a moments notice.

I will work hard to get the hatch into production, but we will need at least 10 guys+ donor car.

Fenders are also a big possibility but so far onlty one person interested; we wuld need at least 10 for any part to go into production that isnt already tooled.
I may be able to provide the doner car...just need to make arrangements for something else to give me transportation whilst it be in use...
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

EZ_4_FUN wrote:So for a carbon fibre hatch, its going to cost about $600 + shipping.

Just curious, you talking about the hatch wrapped in CF or a hatch made completely in Carbon Fiber?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

Im talking about a hatch made from Carbon Fiber, not wrapped.

Similar to the hood you have. Underside is fiberglass with glossy black finish, top side of course in CF.

All mounting points are already built in, its just a matter of replacing the glass and bolting up.
OSKY

RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I am pretty sure we are talking about a whole new hatch.

Just an idea. How about CF mini side skirts (Cork/MS)
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

MS side skirts in CF!!

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

MS sides are also available in CF. They have been so for years now...

$250 or so I'd say for the pair plus shipping...
OSKY

RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I had no idea. That is awsome. Any chance you have a pic of them installed?
EZ_4_FUN
Supporting Member

Post by EZ_4_FUN »

No pics as no one has requested them in CF.

Its just a matter of laying it up in the mold using CF and not FG... Easy as pie. :love:
OSKY

Return to “New Product Development”