HI EVERYONE, general questions

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
xAllan-Jamesx

HI EVERYONE, general questions

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

for starters i want to let you guys know that this page a awsome, i have been reading it for about 4 months now and just never got around to signing up because all of my questions were answered, ecept this one, and please dont laugh. i have a 96 MX-3 1.6 DOHC and i when i got it the guy before me had rebuilt the engine. but left out alot of the important things, i wanted to know what i can use for upgraded fuel enjectors (if the 2.2 injectors will work) also a upgraded egniction system. i was to get turbo in the car this winter so i wanted to make sure she is ready for the upgrade. also that brings me to this, i dont want to waste my money on a turbo kit from ebay, so i was wondering if there is any stock manifolds that will fit in the MX-3.. thank you for reading this and please get back to me
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee
2001 FORD Focus SE engine rebuild in process
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: HI EVERYONE, general questions

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Please use the search button.

I'm going thru the same turbo mod on the 96. You will get little to no help with anything electrical. There is no turbo kit for our car. Even if there was, your 96 would not be the same. Due to your OBDII cpu.

It can be done. You need to know a welder and have pretty deep pockets. It'll cost you about $4000 to do it right.

Feel free to search around some more.
xAllan-Jamesx

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

we'll i read up on this i dont know if this guy has a 95 or 96 but he said that the TJ-11 turbo with the GTX manifold would work with some fab. i wasnt sure if the guy was talking about the exhuast manifold or not. but do you know if the 2.2 injectors will work with the 96 1.6 DOHC?
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Oh, if you call the 323 turbo a "kit", that would work. You still will have ECU issues tho. If you are going to be getting that mani and the VJ-11 or 14 why not go with the 323 injectors as well?

So, back to your ECU. When you will be boosting your engine will be seeing something other than vacuum. All of a sudden it's going to be getting air that it does not know how to deal with. To an extent, the cpu will add fuel to keep the afr at a safe state. Your ecu will not know how to deal with larger injectors as well. Again, to an extent, it will adjust to correct the afr. The OBDII system will self adjust and correct itself. You will probably see a CEL. In order to correct this you will need either a piggy or a stand alone. Everyone will tell you to go stand alone. The choice is yours. You do also have the option of removing the car's wiring harness and cpu and swaping it out.
xAllan-Jamesx

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

i thinki am going to go with the 323 system, and i dont have the budget to run a standalone so i think i will be going with a piggyback, do you have any suggestions for the piggy back system? A'PEXi Super AFC II from cork sport rusn about $400 (what are you going to run for your turbo?)
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

If you feel competent in wiring and have a full bottle or two of tylenol you
can try a MegaSquirt standalone. Over on ClubProtege.com Jacob Russell builds
these for about 3-400 bucks and will likely help you out if you go through him.
xAllan-Jamesx

Post by xAllan-Jamesx »

how do i find him on clubprotege.com??
1996 MAZDA MX-3 1.6 dohc
1988 JEEP grand Cherokee
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

Register on ClubProtege.com and use thier search feature for
" Prebuilt MegaSquirt kits " then send the man a PM.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”