Lots of questions...

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

Lots of questions...

Post by Gods Father »

ok so im in the middle of my swap and ive run into a few little problems...ok first i was just wondering if anyone knows where to get a whole new shifter bushing kit? cause i went to advanced auto and the guy there didnt know what was goin on...i was also wondering about the end of the shift linkage that connects to the engine one of the shift linkage arms connects to a little spindle thing...anyone know where to get one? cause mines rusted off pretty much...also i was wondering what alternator belt to get after i take out my a/c? was there a 2.5l without a/c? ALSO (haha) my K8s power steering pump is different than the one on my KLZE...can i just put k8 one on?...there was a few other things but i need to take pictures to ask...ill get on that later...thanks for all your help guys...
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Lots of questions...

Post by fowljesse »

I recommend getting the Bronzoil bushing kit from CorkSport. I also recommend getting the short shifter. But just the bushing kit will make your shifting much more precise, and won't wear out like the plastic ones.
That's all I can help with.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
huntingking01

Post by huntingking01 »

the belt i put on my car was a dayco 5050345
so that means the belt is a 50 series with a 5 width band and 35 inchs in lenght i hope that helps you
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I bought all my stuf from the Dealer. Got a good price and everything fit. I hope your not saying the arm from the trans is screwed or is it just the linkage arrm? You can get the ends made at any welding shop just measure the distance from the hole center at one end to the center hole at the other end. The holes are different sized so get new bolts from the dealer so you can have the shop drill them to size. The plastic bushngs from the dealer are like a couple of bucks each, worked like 40.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

go to the local auto store and get a belt for a 96 probe GT (2.5L) without A/C - worked for me :) I recommend Gates belts.
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

thanks for all the help...but does anyone know about the power steering pump? the one on my K8 was different than the one on the KLZE and theres more hoses can i just bolt on my K8 one?
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I would assume that you should run the K8 one, because it's made for your system, and runs independently from the engine. Just my opinion, though... I don't know for sure.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

i thought the same thing i was just unsure if it would directly bolt on and if there was a certain speed it needed to be going or somethin...

msd-supermx3

Post by msd-supermx3 »

If you did not have a/c on your k8 then swap the whole pulley tensioner, the one that tightens the alternator belt (change the alternator to your old one if it still wokrs) the mounts worked fine for me no rocket science.

The power steering pump is a change to, it will fit just fine (use the old one all the way aka all the pwr steering parts.). btw change the o-ring for the out pipe/tube with an aftermarket one cuz the old ones don't last long.
hope this helps

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”