Clutch engages at different positions of the pedal, why?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
englishfacil

Clutch engages at different positions of the pedal, why?

Post by englishfacil »

Hello guys,
Something weird is going on with my clutch. I started the car with the clutch pedal pushed in all the way and in reverse. When I released the clutch pedal, instead of engaging at about 70% released, the clutch engaged immediately! so I pushed it back in. I tried releasing the pedal again and did the same thing. I tried putting it in first gear and now when I pushed the pedal in the clutch wouldn’t disengage, so I turned the engine off. I pushed the clutch pedal all the way a couple of times and then started the car, now it was working like it normally does.
Today the same thing happened, and I noticed that if I have the car in gear, let’s say first or reverse, and I have to push and release the clutch pedal a couple of times while in gear, the position at which the clutch engages changes, from 70% released to about 10% (barely releasing the pedal).
What’s going on guys?
When I bought the car 8 months ago (about 6000 miles ago), I had the master and slave cylinders replaced, they are basically new!
Please help me out
zzzoomx3

Re: Clutch engages at different positions of the pedal, why?

Post by zzzoomx3 »

still sounds like you have an airleak somewhere - check your hoses...when was the clutch itself replaced - if ever..
englishfacil

Re: Clutch engages at different positions of the pedal, why?

Post by englishfacil »

I only replaced the master and teh slave cylinders. I don't know if the clutch had ever been replaced. I didn't think about changing it because it felt like it was fine when I bought the car, it wasn't slipping, and hasn't sliped so far.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”