bubsy83 - 1993 Mazda MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
94drumx3

Re: bubsy83 - 1993 Mazda MX-3 GS

Post by 94drumx3 »

way to go man! its lookin really good! i'm gonna have to do mine soon. its nice to see how everyone does theirs...gives ideas and everything.
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
bubsy83

Post by bubsy83 »

Well, I am not quite done yet...after some research, I think I'd better wetsand and polish the car. I think I will try and get that done today as I am having surgery tomorrow on my left foot and will be high as a kite for a week or two and on crutches for even longer.

I used a single stage paint, and I've read that it's not a good idea to clear single stage, but to wet sand and then polish to bring out the shine...I guess we'll find out, so if anyone has any opinions on this I will tackle this after lunch, so speak now or forever hold your peace!! lol

I also forgot that I bought primer for the bondo areas but it's relatively cheap, in all I am in this for under $200...more like over a $100, but like my Dad says, whenever ya tackle a project with a car, double the projected cost of the repair and you will know what you are in for...pretty good advice I think...

Anyways, thanks for the compliments and interest, and I hope that my project has helped some of you decide what you want to do or how you may want to do it...Cheers!!
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

wetsand and buff will definatley make it look good..use 1200 grit i find it works best..200 bucks for a completle paint job is pretty good...the last car i had i did fenders and a strip on the trunk and it cost me roughly 75$..mind you i got lotsa left over materials :D
ImageImageImageImage
bubsy83

Post by bubsy83 »

I have one last piece to add to the MX-3 puzzle and my friend who's an electrician apprentice hooked me up!! It's a 750 watt Kicker Mono amp and a JL 300 watt 10" Subwoofer.

It's pretty cool, I have never had a sub or amp hooked up into any of my vehicles and it makes such a difference in sound. I love how my rearview mirror vibrates to the bass! Now that my clutch foot is feeling a lot better, i am cruising a lot in this car listening to my new toy!!! Cheers!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”