megasquirt for a 94 1.6 MX-3

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
mx-3_4evr

megasquirt for a 94 1.6 MX-3

Post by mx-3_4evr »

Ok, I just got a MS I V2.2 I need to know what I need to get it running. I am doing ITBs... I just need to know what mods do I have to do to make it run with my car. I read about it but couldn't find anything about the 1.6. Just the KLs and BPs

-Thanks
mx-3_4evr

Re: megasquirt for a 94 1.6 MX-3

Post by mx-3_4evr »

So 40+ views and no answers? :confused2: It's ok, Im guessing people are more worried about stupid body kits and neon lights! lol
Savin

Post by Savin »

Maybe people thought they could learn from you?
Maybe people just don't know how to help, Like me :D

Sorry I can't help. But your subject isn't exactly implying a question though.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
mazdasly75

Post by mazdasly75 »

The B6 is the same as KL, except the wiring's differrent. I suggeest you to let the stock ECU in, and just hack the signal you need.

Ok to run ITB, you'll need to run this alfa-n (tps based) instead of speed density (MAP sensor) cause ITS just don't create much vacuum, so you'll have big trouble just getting a decent idle.

You need wideband O² for tuning, this is a must, you can't tune if you don't have it.

You can easily trigg tach input form Ne2 signal (4 vanes) wich is the same as K series in 1992-1993 models. This signal is present in every years/models of B6 engines. Actually, you have to trigg the hall sensor since you got v2.2. Not to mention that only 96 model have VR crank sensor pickup...

You can spark out through the OEM ignitor as well, again, like the V6's doing, with a pullup circuit of 5V. I would suggest, though, to use a MSD 6 + external coil setup. You can get the ProtegéGT 1990-1992 disty to get external plug for the coil. It's bolt on in B6 disty hole, you'll get a 4pins connector instead of 6 + 3 connectors.

Idle won't be controlled anymore from ECU, since ITBs, you'll need a little more RPM to get a good idle. This will be the most difficult thing to tune, It will be harder than tune the whole fuel. So take your time, you'll need to try many different values.

That's the only thing you need to run ITB. It's nothing different than BP or KL :shrug:
1996 MX3, KL, stock internal, T3T4, 10psi, tial wastegate and blow off, 450cc injectors, 255lph, 3" mandrel bend exaust, 67mmTB, megasquirt II, launch control/flat shift, boost controler, 4bars MAP 16x16 built in, 300whp
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

^ Thanks for your help! I'm still doing research about how to run MS. I suck at computers but I'm learning :D I thought I could just used the MAP sensor w/ the air intake temperature sensor to control the A/F... IDK I know that I will need a wideband for sure! You are right, it's just like a bp or kl
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64754" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=64753" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.msefi.com/viewtopic.php?f=92&t=29502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”