help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

help

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I have a KLZE and I have some plugs that are not connected to anything are they important or just EGR stuff?

What do these plugs connect 2?

Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
zzzoomx3

Re: help

Post by zzzoomx3 »

the one near your thermostat looks like your knock sensor connector - from the driver side - i had to pull mine from the driver side to the passenger side (pulling it through the IM and fuel rails was not fun)

the other 2 are most likely for your EGR if your power steering is hooked up.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

GOOD EYE! thats what they are!!!

I know because my car caught on fire and i had to rewire EVERY SINGLE freaking sensor with a new harnes.. LOL
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

that sucks a-- - sorry to hear that. glad i could help
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

wait a minute if it's my knock sensor would I be able to drive my car? I didnt have to pull that from the driver side its already on the passanger side.... I believe my power steering is hooked up or ay least it drives like it is... and thanks 4 the help
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah you would be able to drive it but would be in lymp mode.

make sure you reset codes after you conect the sensor. I actually got the power steering sensor disconnected.. no bad effect.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I can't seem to find the other side of my knock sensor plug... You guys say its on the driver side? Can someone put up a pic of it so I know what I am looking for? Am I going to have to make the wire longer so it will reach the passenger side? Also could the lack of having my knock sensor plugged in be the culprit for my car sputtering and boucny idle? I adjusted my tps and that helped alot but it still bounces a bit...
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

the ZE knock sensor plug on the driver's side will reach all the way to the passenger side without having to splice in more wire - you just have to feed it through the fuel rails. the connector it plugs into should and will be on the passenger side bundled with the secondary coolant sensor, the other knock sensor, the ground, etc. i will take a pic of mine in a few on my break. i cant imagine your car running decently without the knock sensor plugged in. but once you have it in - you need to adjust your tps back to normal....

EDIT - the passenger side knock sensor is going to come from the crank shaft area -
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

ok I found a sensor wire that looked like what ya'll are talking about but it was plugged into a plug on the driver side that looks exactly the same as the knock sensor plug on the passanger side, so now I need to know what the plug on the driver side is. Also my ground wire Black with pink stripe for the knock sensor is broken at the sensor connector and I'm not sure if I can repair it does anyone have a spare knock sensor connection?
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

which sensor is broken? the one at the crank? also - i cant imagine another plug fitting into the knock sensor.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

the ground on the connection I had to pull from the driver side is the one that is broke. I had that hooked up under the driver side of the block to the connection that looks excatly like the knock sensor connection on the passanger side. This connection I am refereing to ties in with the distributer lines on the harness. now I need to know what plugs into it???
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

you're going to need to post some pics - i'm extremely familiar with all the connects but its easier to decipher whats going on with some pics...
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

This is a close up of the connection on the driver side. See how it looks excatly the same as the knock sensor connection on the passanger side...

Here is the same connection a bit farther awayso you can see its placement in the engine bay

Here is my knock sensor connection with the broken ground. Its broken right at the connection point
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

O yea please forgive the extremely dirty engine bay it has been raining for a few days now and the roads to work are all dirt.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

thats an EGR plug - i'm pretty sure of it - i'll take a picture of mine - thats left unplugged after the swap :) as far as that borken wire - if you cant splice it together with some extra wire - you're going to have to replace the whole thing - yuck!

FYI - NONE of the plugs will fit another plug other than what it was designed for, they are all specific to each other.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”