going to the trac this friday,new setup,what's ure bet?

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
kab-rst

going to the trac this friday,new setup,what's ure bet?

Post by kab-rst »

i got my rs-t out last week , it drives like a charm.i have such crappy street tires, i'll run some half used drag radial on 14inch rims

i changed the whole setup during winter, i swaped my gt-x turbo kit for a more...agressive setting

it<s not the best, dont be rude, i do love her a bit too much

i used a ETDracing manifold,with an external wastegate flange, since the T3 is wastegate-less
installed the tial wastegate with a 1 bar spring, but fuel pressure issues stop me from getting above 11psi(what the megasquirt reads anyways)

i have the sincere impresion that it pulls WAY harder than my vj20, even if it was at 15psi from 3 to 5.5k rpm
the new turbo is giving me about nothing lower than 4k rpm, but when it launch, the powerband is so much smooter yet so much more powerfull

last october i hit 13.78 at 107 on 14'' tires.on bone stock gtx engine(ms management and IC for only mod)
i wish to do about the same time with the new setup, the mid 13 at 10 psi would be great news for me;tell me what you think, i'm so eager to go back to the trac
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
u have the Zoom Zoom feeling?
kab-rst

Re: going to the trac this friday,new setup,what's ure bet?

Post by kab-rst »

i'll try to post my time just to see if ppl will care a little :lol:

i had pretty hard time launching the car with the new clutch, but it gave the result i expected

60' 2.2
1/8 9.1
1/4 13.88
104mph

idid basicaly the same time as last year, with 5psi less:P
i snapped a cv axel at my 5th run, so, no improvement for me this week
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

awesome job! ew ive never snapped an axel before...must suck

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
kab-rst

Post by kab-rst »

grease everywhere under the engine, one hell of a job

i can shift all of my gear exept the second one.

tranny+cv next week end:/
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

at least u did not bend a rod like me.....check pic/vids section : (

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

wth i always blow diff on the line wish i snap axles cheaper to replace.. LOL

13.8 BP-t not bad at all

NICE
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
kab-rst

Post by kab-rst »

gear 1-3-4-5-r are going like a charm, unfortunatly i think i ruined my second gear, i'll post the vid tomorow, i was trying to act tough in front of a 60'mach1(doing consistend 12 when missing his third gear)

tranny+cv axcel swap next weekend(under waranty:P)
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114
kab-rst

Post by kab-rst »

this thing was sooooo loud
you can easely hear me swear when i shift the second gear
96 rs-t mx-3, 12.62@114

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”