Help! No start

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
GreenMachine

Help! No start

Post by GreenMachine »

Drove my car the other day and all of a sudden it dies on the freeway and smells like a firecracker. get the beast towed home and see that a loose ground strap came off and hit my Hei module. I replace the Hei and try to start, nothing. then I got a "28" code from my ecu. my probinator chip was never supposed to show and egr or smog codes so I figured I messed that up and plugged in the k8 ecu i have to see if it would run. still nothing. cranks but no start!?? I checked the fuses and they are all in tact, any clue as to whats goin on here???

-Chris
'92 GS-no lip. Klze. no cat. phenolic spacers. no power steering. no a/c. hei mod. poly filled mounts. probinator chip. loud exhaust. b&m shifter. tokico struts. suspension tech springs. axxis 17 in rims.
'86 mr2-stock and still hauls a-- in curves.
'05 Gsxr-50 tooth stunt bike
mazdags94

Re: Help! No start

Post by mazdags94 »

I'm not sure exactly what piece in particular but that "firecracker" smell I know very well. It's a smell of frying electronics. If a wire came loose and touched something to cause a short, it could have burned up something either in the HEI module (maybe) or whatever it was connected to. Also, check your relays just in case and smell them too bc if they were burned by the short then they'll smell like "firecrackers" as well. Hope this helps.

Also, just check what that ground wire was connected to and see if anything has gone awry with that. Unfortunately, electronic issues are all about tracing wires and troubleshooting. It's good that you started with the simplest first bc many assume the worst and spend more money than necessary in the long run. Good luck.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”