Info needed: kyb adjustable shocks

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Ma's Da

Info needed: kyb adjustable shocks

Post by Ma's Da »

I picked up a set of Kyb adjustable shocks, and the back two are at different settings.
they are four point front and eight point rear adjustable shocks, does anyone have this set-up? and what would the optimum settings be?
or is this just a case of trial and error depending on your driving conditions/what suits you?
Thanks in advance. :?
wytbishop

Re: Info needed: kyb adjustable shocks

Post by wytbishop »

Suspension adjustment is always based on the weight of the vehicle nad the type of driving you do. Typically a shock with only one adjustment will be adjustable for compression damping, but I'm guessing that with these the adjustment changes both compression and rebound damping together. I would start with all four adjusters all the way in and go for a drive. Then I would dial them all the way out and drive it again. This will give you a feel for how the adjustment changes the car. Then just make small changes until it feels right to you. You can read any number of articles on the web about the affects of the different suspension adjustments.

In reality a shock with only one adjuster knob is not really a big deal. My bike has 24 way compression damping and 18 way rebound damping just on the fork. The rear shock is much simpler...only 10 way compression and 12 way rebound. On a car, the spring rate and anti roll bars and general suspension geometry are much more important than compression and rebound damping adjustment except at the competition level. Just play with it until it feels good.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Ma's Da

Re: Info needed: kyb adjustable shocks

Post by Ma's Da »

Nice one, thanks for that

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”