Tranny slipping plz help

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
evilpat

Tranny slipping plz help

Post by evilpat »

like it says my tranny(auto) is starting to slip is there anything i can do to make it stop silpping with out buying a new/used tranny??

thanks
patrick
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Tranny slipping plz help

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

When was the last time it was serviced with new fluid? Old fluid will do that. Our old 626, the fluid was never changed when we owned it (9 years) and the tranny started to slip. Over weeks it started to get worse until I could barely do 100, she would slip around 110km/h. I tried the Lucas additive, that just made it worse. I gambled and tried new fluid, after i found out it was never changed, and it slipped once pulling out of the shop and was fixed. If your not getting a flashing HOLD light (which typically means the trans it going to die), it's possible it would be as simple as that.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Atomic Cow

Post by Atomic Cow »

I was having trouble holding speed at 15mph on a dynomometer. This made no sense to me as the car was running fine but discovered if I took it up a really really steep grade I couldn't get the car to go past 10 mph. It could be I was just low on fluid...which is entirely possible. My system does seem to leak a little. I put the Lucas brand transmission fluid into the system and it seems to have taken care of the problem. But regular fluid might have done the same thing. If your system is actually failing it won't take care of it forever.

(If you happen to have a 93 MX3 1.6 automatic I need to find out how long the transmission dipstick is supposed to be. I don't trust my replacement stick I picked up at a junkyard.)
evilpat

Post by evilpat »

kk thanks but i think im just going to do a 5-speed swap so that means ill be selling my auto stuff

Return to “Transmissions”