Picking up probe GT for motor, what to do with rest of car?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
nonamekid

Picking up probe GT for motor, what to do with rest of car?

Post by nonamekid »

I have a 1992 GS, manual, with 210,000+ miles on it. The motor smokes and consumes oil at a rate of about 1 quart every 600-700 miles. Other than the car runs great. The motor still has plenty of power. I am picking up a 94 Probe GT, manual, with 78,000 miles or so on the engine. The car used to be a race car, then the guy blew the original motor, swapped in the current motor, and then found out they outlawed the V6 in the class he was racing. So i am picking up the car for the motor to swap into my MX3. The tranny in the probe is missing reverse but has all the forward gears. The body is completely shot in the car. I was wondering what I should pull off this probe to try to sell? I can't post the parts on the probe talk forum because i don't have the minimum 25 posts, so I figured I would put the stuff on ebay. To sum all of this up, what I should I pull off this probe before I scrap it? I won't be able to keep the car around since I live in an apartment, and will be doing this in a local shop/garage I have access to, but I want to alot of the parts reused and try to make a little of my money back. Thanks for any advice in advance.
solo_ryder

Re: Picking up probe GT for motor, what to do with rest of car?

Post by solo_ryder »

Take pics of the car and post them up, some of us can tell you what you should keep.
nonamekid

Re: Picking up probe GT for motor, what to do with rest of car?

Post by nonamekid »

^^^ Will do as soon as I go pick up the car. I forgot to take pics when I was looking at. The body is shot, and the only thing left of the inside is the dash, pedals, and the shifter. It runs really nice and doesn't smoke.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”