[WTB] Body Panels

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
nerd racing
Supporting Member

[WTB] Body Panels

Post by nerd racing »

I am looking for some panels to repair the rust on my RS.

Here are some pics of what I will need:

If you are close to the NY/PA/OH area I might be able to come get them myself if that is a possibility.
Xearo

Re: [WTB] Body Panels

Post by Xearo »

The peices that you are looking for aren't peices at all, its part of the unibody. which leaves you with 2 options as far as i know
1. buy a new car.
2. you have to cut out the 'infected' areas and weld in new metal.

both options kind of suck because its hard to find a nice mx, and also fixing the rust isn't easy, cost effective, or guaranteed.

looking at the pictures, i'm also going to guess the bottom of your doors are rotten too. and the frame is probly in rough shape, i suggest driving it till it dies.
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

I know they are going to be cut outs, the bottoms of the doors are good, and so is the frame, I looked them over before I bought it, being from NY that's the first thing I check.
Demonicdst

Post by Demonicdst »

hey try this website they have alot of oem mazda body panels parts you might find what your looking for here

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... eid=214264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nixx
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2971181" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hey Nerd, where do you live? I looked into getting the rocker panel below my door replaced (it got crushed) and was quoted $450.00 for new metal and paint removing the old metal.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fi addict

Post by fi addict »

Where are you in NY?

I might have a chassis you can purchase. I have been parting out my car for a bit and I am looking to get rid of it at this point. I know someone has interest in the gas tank at this point so maybe you two could work something out.

Do you have any interest?
Garage (sort of)
99 Acura Integra GSR-T (totaled)
03 Mercedes Benz C230K (rear upgrade from 3.27 to 3.67 ratio) running strong at 108K miles
92 MX-3 v6 (that i wanted to twin turbo w/ an ht12 and ht15) - Parting out now!!!
90 MX-5 getting the rotary treatment
bdavis2005 @ gmail . com
feedback link -> http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62911" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

I live south of buffalo NY. I really just need the body panels not a whole shell. If you want to part the panels let me know a price and I'll get back to you.
nerd racing
Supporting Member

Post by nerd racing »

I found someone doing a part out on craigslist in Ohio and we are working out a deal on the body panels. I'll post back if anything changes.

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”