[FS] 1.6 DOHC parts, some performance aftmkt, some stock

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
zCat

[FS] 1.6 DOHC parts, some performance aftmkt, some stock

Post by zCat »

Okay, so I must begin this FS with some sad news. I was on my way home to buy a 2004 Pontiac GTO this weekend, because I love those cars, when I got in a terrible wreck in my beloved MX-3. I can't remember the details, because I had a concussion, but from foggy flashes in my mind I believe I either fell asleep at the wheel or blew a tire, because I just remember going really hard sideways out of nowhere.

With that said, we were able to recover a part or two from the car, and I also have about 1/2 of a turbo kit for the car sitting in my apartment. Here is the list:

1.) The DOHC Genie header they used to sell on corksport. Uninstalled, never used, basically new aside from some scratches it may have on it from storage. I have that and I may still have the gasket for it but that might be a casualty of war. Willing to part with the header for around 100 bucks, it was more like 200 new. The header is ceramic coated for weatherproofing/exhaust scavenging. No promises on horsepower made, but any smart tuner knows that a header can become a wise investment for anyone who makes other mods, as the header tends to greatly improve the power gains from all modifications. I know personally that the header is a great idea for anyone wanting to run nitrous, and for the price of this header and a nitrous kit (maybe 6 or 700 bucks) you would be able to make a pretty substantial gain. People talk of headers making a single-digit hp difference on stockers, but a 15-20 hp gain on a motor with some mid-to-heavy modifications. I have no dyno charts, mind you. But yea, it's new. That is the big thing. Corksport doesn't sell them anymore either, from what I understand.

2.) The makings of said turbo kit are as follows, and as part of the sale I can impart my knowledge of what else will need to be bought and/or done in order to finish the turbocharging process. I bought an e-bay oil line kit, which seems like it's going to fit just fine. I bought the IHI VJ turbo off a 1988-1992 Ford Probe GT, it has no side to side shaft play and is in extraordinary condition. Actually, that's all I had bought so far, but I can upon purchase basically explain everything else you will need to do, and part of the purchase price of a turbo kit is knowing you are going to get everything on right, so, you know. I would appreciate around 300 bucks for this, and know that you will be hard pressed to find a turbo in pretty good shape anywhere else for that kind of price. I would be willing to throw the manifold off the Probe in too, but the thing is, I know for a fact it won't fit the MX. If you want it, though, by all means. It will increase shipping cost, however. That thing is pretty heavy.

3.) The factory cd player/tape deck. I paid a user on here 100 bucks for it. Just make an offer. The writing hasn't faded much if at all, and it also has some harness left on the back so any intermediate sound system installer should have little trouble with it.

4.) I have a water temp sensor (or sender, I have heard it called both, I am pretty sure it's a sender) from auto zone. It was 40 bucks new, it's a little bitty thing, and I am sure it won't cost much to ship. I'd part for IDK, 20 bucks?

Thanks a lot guys, shoot me PMs and we will get this stuff out. I just thought this would help offset all the unexpected financial issues that the wreck brought on.
Peace.
The General

Re: [FS] 1.6 DOHC parts, some performance aftmkt, some stock

Post by The General »

I will pm you, dibs on the cd player
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

you take 80 for the header and ill pick it up this weekend?
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Sorry about the accident, glad to hear you're alright. :(
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
zCat

Post by zCat »

Pm'ed back about the header, sorry I am just now getting to you.
Let me know about the CD player!
Thanks a lot. I miss my MX already... :(
The General

Post by The General »

umm well my car still isnt running right now, so the cd player will have to wait, so Ill get back to you in a few days to a week probably
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

is the header still available??
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
zCat

Post by zCat »

Nope, sorry. Still got everything else though!

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”