KL-ZE and K8 Compatibility HELP

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
30xmelb

KL-ZE and K8 Compatibility HELP

Post by 30xmelb »

Hi everyone,

New to this forum so really dont know how to go about the questions that I have, sorry if this topic is already covered.
OK, I have a 1993 mx-3 (australian 30x) - I dont know much about the car as I only recently got it. It's a K8 engine right..? My question is this: if I buy a KLZE V6 FF 24V engine will all the brackets fit or will I need to do them all over? Also will the shafts and the gear box be compatible with the KLZE engine, does the ECU need to be changed and will the air regulator still fit? (the electrical input size and shape is what im talking about) Or does everything have to be rewired? From what I hear..that's a pretty big job..

Thanks for any help..take care
se7en

Re: KL-ZE and K8 Compatibility HELP

Post by se7en »

okay, first off, most of what you have asked is covered here already, and is easily found if you use that search button on the top of the screen...

Anyways, with that covered :) I'll see if I can help with your questions anyway :)

1. yes, if it is a v6, it is the k8.

2. yes, the klze is a bolt in process. all brackets fit no prob. there will be one or two small changes,, like the coolant temp sensor or something...I don't know, you'll have to search this one out.

3. yes, the transmission and everything will bolt up perfect. same mounts etc.

4. the stock computer will have to be changed to the klze one, or millenia one, and the vaf air flow meter will work as is.

5. All wires will just hook up as per the k8.

6. Do the swap man, it is about the easiest engine upgrade swap out there.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
melb30x

Post by melb30x »

Thanks heaps for helping out :D take care!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I still dont get WHY people dont swap out the k8 for a klde or a klze.. I just dont see WHY NOT.. really.. i get better gas mileage and more power.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”