Im bored so im posting this little fix i made to mycar(pics)

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
XxantwawnxX

Im bored so im posting this little fix i made to mycar(pics)

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Well ever since i installed megasquirt my car ran fine but every now and then it would stumble or bog...or miss. I just knew it was a electrical prob due to my shade tree electrical skills : P.
I never gotta around to fixing it till it got so bad i had too.

So i searched high and low thinking some of the connections i did on MSnS were bad..but could not find any. Finally i took a close look at the disty connection.....
That cant be to good....so i decided that this has to be it.

I did not feel like searching the junk yards for a v6 mx3 so i went to autozone and found the smallest slip on connectors i could find so i could just do away with the old connector and put the wires right onto the prongs. Turns out they were the PERFECT size haha.

The car runs so much smoother now its great. I hope it stays this way.

And here are some random pics of the y ugly mx3 haha...told ya i was bored.

Not many people can take a pic of the intercooler and have there exhaust in the same pic! : P

For those who dont know i just got my mx3 under 2000 pounds, im excited. Now i want a new turbo and electronic boost controller.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Im bored so im posting this little fix i made to mycar(pics)

Post by fowljesse »

Good to know that worked, in case I need to do the same some day. You may want to shrink-wrap it, though. These are the kind of posts I really like.. Stuff I may not have thought of. If you (or anyone else) has more of this kind of thing, put it up!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
se7en

Post by se7en »

is that a fibreglass hatch?
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

yea good call on the shrinkwrap...and yea its a fiber glass hatch. And just incase anyone asks...my car IS lowered with intrax....its just keeps getting higher the lighter i make it hahah

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
se7en

Post by se7en »

where did you get it? also, is the glass plexiglass?
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Hah! I was JUST going to ask you if it was lowered!
Did you strip the doors, and plexiglass the side windows?
4 guys of my strength could lift your car with straps!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

se7en wrote:where did you get it? also, is the glass plexiglass?
yea i meant to say plexiglass : ) and got it off ebay.

My side windows are still normal but my doors all complety stripped.

shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Did you remove the center mount (third) brakelight? I think its illegal to drive without a third brakelight in the US
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive ... 28CHMSL.29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Savin

Post by Savin »

shameem wrote: I think its illegal to drive without a third brakelight in the US
It is, but you really don't see cops enforcing it, at least where I live. Tons of busted cars have those burned out around here, but they never get pulled over. Maybe its more of an 'Implied' Safety regulation type thing. :shrug:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

yea they dont inforce it

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

shameem wrote:Did you remove the center mount (third) brakelight? I think its illegal to drive without a third brakelight in the US
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive ... 28CHMSL.29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AFAIK from my research in TN I can only assume that it varies from state to state... TN says as long as you have 2 red lights emitting at least 500 feet to the rear of the vehicle you are legal :shrug:

Anyways nice work on the lightening of the mx-3... how much was that hatch? it look really similar to what colinsmx3 was making...
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I got it used for 100 bucks

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

oh and I've heard that primer weighs less than paint so you might want to put that on your list of to-do's... (half your car is primer anyways) :freak:

jk about the primer weight - I have no idea :mrgreen:
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Yeah... primer may weigh less than paint Marc, I really don't know. But I do know that if you keep applying coats of said primer whenever you feel it "needs another coat", it no longer weighs less. You're on what now, 10th coat?? Just a guess...

:P
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

i need to get my car painted...but i have no money for such things.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”