Stranded

Off-Topic Discussions
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Stranded

Post by Kirk95gs »

So I had a hockey game tonight at 7:30pm. It's about a 30min drive on the hi-way. So I thought it would be a good time to take the car out for a test drive. It would be the first trip with the new motor.

I stoped to get gas and checked over everthing and all was good. So I started on my way. I got maybe 4 Km's down the hi-way when I started to hear something in the engine bay. So I slowed down and pulled over. Turns out my p/s belt jumped off the pulley and started to fray. So I had a cheap tool kit in my hatch so I pulled it out got my 10mm socket, extention, and ratchet. jacked the car up pulled the tire off. Started to take the rock sheild off so that I could get at the pulleys but guess what, the ratchet doesn't work. F***! I call the g/f and told her to bring me one. Whats her response "whats a ratchet?" LOL. So after explaining to her for 10 mins that its a tool that sounds like a noise maker when you use it she gets it.

I wait 30mins and she shows up. Pull the gaurd off, cut the frayed peice off the belt, put it back on the car. Got to start the car. Guess what. Locked my keys in the car. (car has auto lock when the ignition is on). So after a couple more *Words* I calm down and think. Hey if I kill the power to the module it should reset itselt opening the locks. So pulled the battire cable off and it worked. Back it the car. Start it up and works ok. Got the g/f to follow me home just in case. made it back at 9:47pm

2hrs 17mins, 36 km's, 32 Curse words, And one being glass of rum when I got home. But made it back.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Stranded

Post by mitmaks »

lesson learned, it helps to have a gf :D
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

mitmaks wrote:lesson learned, it helps to have a gf :D
yeah if he didn't have a gf this would have been a FAILED thread story :D
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Mooneggs wrote:
mitmaks wrote:lesson learned, it helps to have a gf :D
yeah if he didn't have a gf this would have been a FAILED thread story :D

True that.

But I would have called Roadside sence I am a memeber.

Now I got to figure out why the belt keeps jumping off. This is the second one. Brand new belts. hmmm.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

This happened on my buddys car. Turns out the pulleys weren't lining up right for some reason - it was just slightly off, causing the belt to jump when it spun too fast. Also, check to make sure the pulleys aren't bent ever so slightly. Good luck
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

might want to check pulley bearing
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Get a spare key, put it in an itsy bitsy zip lock bag and wire up under your fender. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Well I bought a water pump/timing belt kit off ebay last year. I had a issue with the pulleys from the k8/millenia motor not fitting this new water pump (holes where off) . So I droped it off at a machine shop on the way to work one day. Got it back and put it on with no issue. ran/spun smooth. But it turns out the pulleys dont sit at the right depth/height on the shaft to line up with the others (p/s,udp,tp). Its off by one tooth. So now I have to find the right pulley. But for now I just use a thiner belt and it is working fine.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Lol, sorry late reply but found this thread and had a similar thing with the keys locked in the car. Mine also llocks itself when the ignition is on - sounds like a great thing to have but really it almost fu*ked me twice!

Once I did what you did, locked it in, but had bonnet up and disconnected battery, unlocked itself. So lucky.

Second time was worse, started car, was running, somehow locked it and closed door! Amazingly the passenger window was down just enough for me to wedge my hand down there and get into the car!

Lucky, coz I had no spare key. I'm guessing if you had to get in the car, it would have to involve recking the boot lock to get it open, then get in the car like that :p
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Savin

Post by Savin »

I read somethign quite interesting the other day that a teacher printed up. This applies to remote entries for cars. If you lock your keys in your car, have a cell phone on you, and have a spare remote at home, call home and have whoever is there press the unlock button on the remote near the phone. As the person is doing this, point your cell phone at your door and it "should" unlock.
I have not been able to test this as I have no remote entry cars, but those of you that do, give it a try, it could save you loads of grief later.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Savin wrote:I read somethign quite interesting the other day that a teacher printed up. This applies to remote entries for cars. If you lock your keys in your car, have a cell phone on you, and have a spare remote at home, call home and have whoever is there press the unlock button on the remote near the phone. As the person is doing this, point your cell phone at your door and it "should" unlock.
I have not been able to test this as I have no remote entry cars, but those of you that do, give it a try, it could save you loads of grief later.
Doesn't work that way.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Savin

Post by Savin »

Eh, oh well. :shrug: I still thought I would share since it was interesting. It would be cool if it worked though...
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!

Return to “Off-Topic”