What is that?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: What is that?

Post by Mooneggs »

but it defeats the purpose of the stealth primer :lol:
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

umcamara wrote:
Mooneggs wrote:no way - we have tunnels here and I don't want my lights coming on and off - I want to have complete control of my lights...
They don't turn off and on, they're just always on at a reduced power, unless you pull the e-brake up, then they shut off.
Last year i was actually thinking about doing PWM module controlled by a light sensor - basically it will increase/decrease brightness depending on ambient light - i saw it in action on a rental ford focus once. But then again my alternator is barely able to keep up 13.4v - so i dropped the idea and completely unplugged the DRL......
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I have one of those, too. (I'm in Canada) My mechanic also said it was the Daytime Running Light Module.
Last edited by Ryan on April 24th, 2008, 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

That's weird, I have that part of both my mx3s and my headlights are off until I turn them on... No weird modes etc.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

marcdh wrote:That's weird, I have that part of both my mx3s and my headlights are off until I turn them on... No weird modes etc.
There's at least two places where the DRL's can be disconnected. You can disconnect the two-wire harness from that metal box shown in the engine bay, or, you can disconnect the relay high in the passenger side kick panel. (You need to remove the plastic kick panel to get to this relay)

Perhaps your's were disconnected in one of those places.

Or, they're just not mandated in Ireland, and the parts are just there, but not in use.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

madness! I've never seen an mx with lights on all the time, not that there's many here though. I'll have to have a look for both those connections, not that I want it to work, just curious!
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”