Coming Home (Mostly). New Job!

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
Nd4SpdSe

Coming Home (Mostly). New Job!

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Well Thursday I got a call from my best friend who used to work for this company I work for now and left over a year and a half ago. He actually got me in here after I lost my job at Microsoft. I start April 21st, so I'll be home in a week and a half.

He works at a company called Stryker at the Hamilton office, they deal with medical equipment. Back in November I had an interview for a tech job doing the installation of equipment in OR rooms. It ended up going to someone else who was waiting longer for a position with them. Regarless, I passed the "gallop", a very difficult over the phone non-technical personality analysis interview to see if you're right to work for the company; basically 45 minutes of the worse interview questions with a failure rate in excess of 80%. So I had one foot in the door, just had to wait for a position to open up, or more specifically get a headcount into their departement. However there was another option; doing contract work for them repairing hospital beds that have a recall in the braking system and that's what I got called for. It's a good 6 months work of work, kind of a trial to see if I do a good job and if they like me. It's a risk, but a risk work taking. Although the majority of the work is in Ontario and a good chunk in Quebec, there will be some travel but within Canada, BC and Alberta mostly, I get to come home every weekend, with the odd few that may cross over into two weeks, but it's a hell of alot better than being away for months at a time (and I don't have to deal with living around these damn Americans anymore!).

So it won't be a year of frivilous spending anyway, maybe a second vehicle but that's would be mostly out of necessity, but it's a step in the right direction and a second foot in the door for an internal position with Stryker which should happen around the end of that contract, but in the mean time I would still do work for them as a field tech, so I'm not lost after this. So it should be a good summer in terms for car related stuff :)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Devlin

Re: Coming Home (Mostly). New Job!

Post by Devlin »

cool man, congrats to coming
hope things work out
AKA Deimos
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

awesome man..glad it worked out good for ya!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

We will ride again Mike.... we will ride again..... :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MX3 GSR 4 dummies

Post by MX3 GSR 4 dummies »

Good to hear good news from you buddy. I haven't spoke to you in a while since I had to re logg myself on to this forum and I am so typically busy and not visit this site as of late. Bro, I am getting my car out of the shop in a couple weeks so I should be road rage'n by May so we totally have to hook up for a meet and cruise. Besides I am back on the market now since I am leaving Shannon.... :shock: A good move bro, I will have to catch up with yah and fill you in. Life sure is interesting and i am looking forward to this summer too buds. Cheers
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Congrats Mike on the move and new employment.
cheers,
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Thanks everyone :) I'm worried and nervous, but mostly excited. I'm very confident it'll be a step in the right direction, the question will be how rough of a road. My life, definitely interesting. Sorry about hearing about your bad news Steve, sorry to see you're looking at parting with your Mx John.

My Mx3 should be on the road I'm hoping early next week, just need time. Been having problems with her since a few days before ImportFest. Fortunately she did get me there and back (for a first place trophy :)). It's been isolated down to where we're pretty confident that it's the coil (thanks to Duncan and Krish for the help ;)). I've got the cap, the MSD coil and I just picked up the coil-to-cap wire today, so I just need some time to get that installed, so hopefully by mid next week, but i hope to get her running for the weekend, especially if the weather turns out to be nice, I really need a good drive and some quality time with the Mx ;)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Congratulations! on 1st place Mike.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”