No Woosh!!!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
spidy53red

No Woosh!!!

Post by spidy53red »

I finally installed my turbo in my B6 and nothing happens. I don't know if i connected to vac hoses the right way. I'm running a T3 w/ex waste gate and a Greddy RS BOV(and i still don't know how to use it). Where did i go wrong ?? I need diagrams.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: No Woosh!!!

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Ummm.. wow. Don't give us too much info here. No, STOP. Take a breath and calm down a sec. :shock:

I am not about to draw up a diagram. Lets see what we have to work with, shall we?
What type of boost control? Are you running a boost guage?

you need a vac line from the compressor to the w/g. Pending on your type of boost controller... if you have one. you need to run your vac from the comp outlet (like above) to the selenoid/valve inlet.. then out of the unit to your w/g. Very simple stuff. Setup may vary with type of w/g.

For your bov, I don't see how you could hook this up wrong. it mounts on the ic pipe between the turbo and tb. There is a vac line on it that needs to run to a port AFTER your tb. Your choice if you want it to blow to atmo or recerc.

guage is the same.. port after your tb, to the guage. simple simple. You better have a guage installed and working. This will let you know what is goin on. If you are creating boost, if you have leaks etc.

the kicker is... vac lines will not prevent your turbo from spooling (at least to a degree) you may get massive boost creep and blow your engine.. but it should still spool. You may and probably have much worse problems than vac lines. :shrug:

For future ref' make sure you include some sort in information. -scratch- that. Include as much info as poss. You get out what you put in. $#!T in = $#!T out.
se7en

Post by se7en »

lol, I like that....
It's funny, I just read the part about the BOV vacuum line being attached after the TB....Heh, I guess that's why I am having BOV problems lol.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

What if the wastegate was stuck open?
Cody
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

tehbrookzorz wrote:What if the wastegate was stuck open?
It would still spool. You would not hit 15psi or anything, but it would spin to a degree... unless you have a fairly large gate.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

instead of us doing all the work, why don't you post some pics of your set up. It might be easier to point out something you did wrong.

How do we know that you even have an intercooler and not pipes going to/from a sponge or something? Hmmmm.. actually, that might be a solution. That would hinder the air getting to your tb and the lack of "woosh"... which might be a bov sound but am not too sure.
:shrug:
MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

It's probraly electric boogie woogie woogie :shrug:

Post pics and info , hopefully this isn't another guy trying to get a post count.
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Here Are a few pic's of what was done. Now the only prob i have if my valve cover gasket. It started leaking out from the distributer side and i want and brought a new gasket and it's still leaking. What do i need to stop this leak?? I luv my ride but i don't know what the hell I'm doing...lol. But i did do everything myself minus the down pipe. And yes i do have a intercooler.....lol

[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\HP_Owner\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\Picture\Picture%20025.jpg[/img]
[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\HP_Owner\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\Picture\Picture%20026.jpg[/img]
[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\HP_Owner\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\Picture\Picture%20028.jpg[/img]
[img]C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\HP_Owner\My%20Documents\My%20Pictures\Picture\Picture%20024.jpg[/img]
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Ok it don't look like my picks work so i'm reposting them again and in pic #3 you can see the oil leak all over the driver sideImage

se7en

Post by se7en »

What are you running for fuel control? FMU? MSnS?

Also, when you changed your valve cover gasket, did you properly clean the surfaces?

They have to be pretty much perfect otherwise they will leak.

Other than that, It looks nice in there :)

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

the vac line to your waste gate looks like it is heading up towards the tb. You need it getting pressure from the compressor outlet. You may have to drill and tap the comp side of your turbo (or ic pipe directly after the turbo) and re-run the lines. Your W/G is not getting the correct pressure to operate. You are in danger or getting more boost that you can handle. The gate is supposed to regulate the boost, based on what the turbo output is. It looks like it is set up more like a bov.... not good.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

BOV is setup after MAF?
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

Well the hoes at the top of the WG i was told to put to the VAC and the bottom hose to the BC. And is the MSNS 2 any good also where can i get the complete kit, and sines i only added the TB kit what else do i need? i know i need FI(but what kind) and that 255 fuel pump. Give me a good list of what i need i don't wanna go cheap on my car. But if there are some cheap options out there that won't really effect my car i'm open. And if any of you guys are from cali you should think about going to KINDO every Fri. I luv the look on those roadster guys faces when i pull up :D
spidy53red

Post by spidy53red »

I drove my car today and now it looks like the oil is coming out of the transmission oil pan. Should i just buy all new gaskets all around?? and what is cosing all of these oil leaks ?
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

So you are driving a turbo car with no fuel mods? Do you have a wideband installed so you know if the car is going lean? All the leaks are probably due to you having a bad PCV valve and you are pressurizing the engine and blowing out gaskets.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “Forced Induction”