[FS] 93 DE MX3

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

[FS] 93 DE MX3

Post by schuttie2002 »

So I've got myself a new job and it looks like its time to move on to a new car.

I've owned my mx3 for almost 6 years now and it has been my baby. Pictures and lists of mods are on my cardomain page in my sig.

Basic rundown:

THE GOOD- Mechanically the drivetrain of this car is a dream. The car starts so quick everytime, I can't take my hand off the key fast enough. The DE has about 75k on it and the mx6 trans has about 120k on it. Runs strong, never tracked, but its a blast to drive.
I also have the DE tranny that came with the car that has 55k on it that I'll include with the sale. All the mods I've done have been aimed at increasing engine efficiency. I get about 30 mpg on the highway and 26 in the city with my setup. I keep track of gas mileage every fill up, and have never gotten worse than 25 mpg. It idles great even with the bored TB, doesn't use any oil, doesn't have any leaks, and shifts super smooth.

THE BAD- The car has always had a knocking sound coming from the drivers side. Just figured out its the sway bar moving on certain turns, and it needs new swaybar bushings. I don't have the time to install, and its been making that noise for almost 3 years so I'm not worried about it. The paint on the car is also pretty rough. It's fading on the roof and has the clear coat dry spots like you see on many min 90's cars. Tires on summer wheels will also need replacing.

I've waxed the car twice a year since I've owned it, so its just one of those things. The car has accumulated a fair share of dings over the years, but I've always been a "build to go, not for show" kinda guy. I think it looks great still and all the mods are pretty tasteful in my opinion. I can take more pics, but the cardomain page is pretty much a great summary of the car. Any other questions ask. I have other mods on the car like performance axles from last summers GB, all suspension parts have been replaced in past 3 years, a Mazdaspeed carbon fiber shift knob, I have a new head unit that lets you plug in an Ipod or USB drive, car has new floor mats, and probably more.

Asking 2500 obo. I know I could probably part the car out for near that price, but ideally I'll find someone who loves MX3's to be the new owner and wants the car as it is. Its a beast and will probably run another 5-10 years problem free.
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Re: [FS] 93 DE MX3

Post by schuttie2002 »

I'm live near Reading, PA for people who want to look at it, but my new job has me down in Westminster, MD. I bounce back and forth between places, so I can be at either place for someone who wants to test drive or come take a look.

Also if someone is interested, I have almost all of the stock parts for the car and will be included. I also have a DE on an engine stand I was going to strip down and turbo. I'll include that if someone wants it, otherwise it may go to the junkyard. 216k on body of car and counting, its my commuter and I drive almost 50 miles a day
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Re: [FS] 93 DE MX3

Post by schuttie2002 »

Forgot to mention, it has a tinted hatch and wrap around canadian style spoiler.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”