tail lights and gauge lts are out and fuses area all good?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mazdamx3freak

tail lights and gauge lts are out and fuses area all good?

Post by mazdamx3freak »

well i noticed my tail and gauge lts dont work i checked all fuses and there all good. its not my radio wiring, my ground is to the chassis. and when i turn on the lts i here a clicking sound coming from the dash. maybe a relay? but where are they? any ideas
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: tail lights and gauge lts are out and fuses area all good?

Post by Mooneggs »

if your taillights/turnsignals/power door locks and everything doesn't work, it's probably a fuse under the hood. There's a page in the mx-3 owner's manual that addresses this.
mazdamx3freak

Post by mazdamx3freak »

see my power locks and turn signals do work just not my running and gauge lts
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

i have this same problem!
i just a bp swap and my tail lights are out and my gauge lights done work. but the headlights work and the power windows work.
i've checked all fuses but they're all ok...
help anybody?
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
lowflyinmx3

Post by lowflyinmx3 »

I had this problem as well. Mine turned out to be a loose wire after I removed the security box. Go underneath the dash with the car running and the light switch on and wiggle wires around some. When you find the wire, you'll hear the engine change noise because it's under load. Hope this helps
Mazda.... What happens in the parking lot, stays in the parking lot
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

i'll try it tonight when i get home...in the mean time, if there are any others with this problem or HAD this problem please feel free to have some imput!
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

ok i tried that and it didn't work.
my horn doesn't work either. you can hear a little relay type thing clicking/switching when i press the horn buttons. i decided to drive to work this morning...had to use my hazzard lights. i'd just really like to get the tail lights fixed mainly.
zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom »

hey i did a bp swap as well, my reverse lights dont work and my tail lights work whenever they feel like it, the horns a lil touchy too.. hmm i taped on my right tail light (usually the one thats out) and it comes on.. no loose connections anywhere, tried diff bulbs, actually blew a few.. im stumpped..might end up changin the wire harness..fuses are good too
Timbit
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

do you suppose an extra ground wire or two might help??

i've been trying to figure this out all day and done a lot of research.
Some have turned out to be melted wires, bad grounds, burnt out lights, etc.
I know mines not burnt out lights, but i might need an extra ground, and i'm pretty sure i dont have any melted wires anywhere.
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

alright so i finally got this problem fixed. i simply changed out the 15A fuse for a 20A fuse. peice of cake. fixed both tail lights and gauge lights. idk if this was a bad idea but it worked and didn't give me any problems.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”