Has anyone tried this CAI?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
erixon

Has anyone tried this CAI?

Post by erixon »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-96-97 ... enameZWDVW" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

has anyone tried this? I'd like to know how to get a MAF in it, and if it takes any customization or if its fairly simple... I know there used to be CAI kits on eBay before that were made for the MX-3, but I don't see them on anymore.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Has anyone tried this CAI?

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

That thing is crap. Just search around the 4cyl pages and you'll find much better ones... maybe a prelude cai cut once would be your best option.
erixon

Post by erixon »

I have searched and seen some engine pics of people with integra CAI's, them seem to fit nicely, I am assuming something like this would work with little modification?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-01-AC ... 0037199723" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

I used the integra one and it work D@M$ well. Plus its dirt cheap on ebay.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
seboroth

Post by seboroth »

Ive got the sohc one from ebay on my car and it works very well, besides that there is a slight problem with it fitting around the battery. Im thinking about putting a honda battery in it because its a bit smaller. I have one question on the integra CAI, does the filter end up sitting under the coolant resivor in the empty area in the fender?
95' Mazda Mx-3
1986 bmw 325e-rust in peace
1996 Subaru Outback-Sold
2002 Bmw 325XIT
erixon

Post by erixon »

do all the lines that attach to the intake all hook up easy on the integ CAI? or do you have to do some mods to get them in there?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”