Boring.

Off-Topic Discussions
sk8erdude802

Boring.

Post by sk8erdude802 »

Work has been boring as watching poo cool as of late. The past week has just turned customers away with the great weather and I am left with nothing to do. Thus why some of you may have noticed Ive been on here quite a bit more. Anyway I just wanted to let you guys in on the secret life of a RadioSHack employee when customers are not in the store asking stupid questions like "Can I get a yellow plug. Ive got a red on but it wont work....no your wrong and I dont care that youve been working here for three years. The red one wont work in the yellow slot..."
Ahh you have to love the high school drop outs trying to tell me how to do my job.

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
Stablo87

Re: Boring.

Post by Stablo87 »

Thats nothing, i work at my parents mexican restaurant. Ill set the sceene for you.....

(2 people walk in)
Me: Hi folks how are you doing today?
them: (no answer).......(walk past me)
Me: "would you like a booth or table"
Them:(sit down at a dirty table) "this will be fine"
Me "what can i get you to drink?"
Them: "CHIPS AND SALSA!!!!"

So i think to my self, where do these people come from?
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Here is my day to day, Now that I'm a HouseWife... (HouseMan Aka wife works, i watch kids)

Wife goes to work at 7pm ...

I give the kids a bath ... (3 and 4 year old. boy and girl)

I make dinner ...

I clean the floors ... (We have ceramic tile threwout our whole house. Landlords made a big mistake. grout is nasty)

Pick up all toys the kids left out, and trash ...

Clean my own mess ... (random small bags of assorted chips, along with mello yellow cans)

Wash dishes ...

Wash Clothes ...

Put kids in bed ...

Try me best to go to sleep, which dont work ...

Wake up in the morning to watch the kids while the wife sleeps ... over and over and over.. ugh lol

-----\

Note, I'm not used to this at all. I just learned how to cook things like mac and cheese etc...
Just learned how to wash the clothes... Wife used to do all that. Im returning the favor.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

SmoothMX3 wrote: Clean my own mess ... (random small bags of assorted chips, along with mello yellow cans)
My fav part
sk8erdude802

Post by sk8erdude802 »

This is why I goto school. Maybe a degree in Civil engineering will make life more interesting...even though im starting to doubt its worth it. My GF has a 4 year degree and is still having a hard time finding a "good" job. Its really discouraging. Im about to finish my two year degree and then moving on to another two years to finish up my four year....but the way its looking whats the point other than putting off joining "the real world" and rinding a "real job". lol

Steve-O
93' MX-3 GS SE ZE - Sold to Acheron1502! SOLD!!!

93' MX-3 GS SE - R.I.P. K8 with Integra CAI, HEI mod, Koni inserts with H&R's,drift kit, Kicker KX400.1 and KX200.2 amps, 2 kicker 12s, set of 6x9's. Custom trunk enclosure

MyFeedBackThread
^^^^^ Click on image for my work log ^^^^^
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

I've been having a hard time finding an opportunity putting school back in my schedule, I am desperate to finish a degree in ANYTHING.

So here's my day, sunday through friday.

Wake up at 4:30AM. Get to work at 5AM.
Work with drivers, helping them set up their routes till 7:30AM, do customer service till 10AM.

Go home, eat breakfast, take quick shower, change.

leave at 11:00, go back to work at Olive Garden.
Fetch salad and breadsticks all afternoon.
get home at 6-7pm. Do something "entertaining" for 2 hours

Go to sleep.

Friday and tuesday are my "half-day off." I get the afternoon off (only work one job) so I have a bit of time for some R&R.

I'm so worn out, though...
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
se7en

Post by se7en »

I think that superk needs a rest time for a few weeks.

Ya, about the degree and not finding a 'good' job...

I am in the same boat. I 'only' have a two year computer science degree, and a journeyman machinist ticket, and I too hav difficulty finding a job that doesn't have to do with machining metal all day. I am so sick of it. I want a desk job.

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i wake up at 4 am. Get to work by 5 am. Paint for 3 hours, take 10 min break work till 11...lunch for 1/2 hr. Work till 1 30 pm. take 10 mins break, work another 2 hr till 3 30pm. Get home by 4. Thats 12hrs right there, even though I;m only getting paid for 10 :confused2:
After that I have to
work on my cars
trying to work on basement
and I still need some R&R time. Most of the time I don't really do much work after "the job" lol as I;m just too wore out. Most fridays I come in to work O/T but I get weekends off which are usually spent doing errons I couldn't do during the week and sleeping in late. Monday morning this repeats itself.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

up until april of last year I worked at FedEx at night along with my regular 40 hour job... I did this for 3 and a half years...

saturday and sunday off if I wasn't working OT, monday-friday wake up at 7am get up and go to work, sleep on lunch break for an hour, get off work at 5pm, drive to fedex, sleep in car until 10:30pm, go in to fedex work until 4:30am, go home, sleep until 7am... so really I didn't have any "free time" at home until saturday afternoon and all day sunday... meh 70+ hours of work a week sucks... I'm just thankful I don't do that anymore :mrgreen:
se7en

Post by se7en »

well eggs, I hope you at least made lots of money.

If you had to work that much just to survive, then you should move to canada.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

wow mooneggs, really got some quality time with your car there ;)

which car were you sleeping in?

I would have bought one of those custom astro vans... my dad had one that had window blinds and a reclining bench seat, changed into a bed.

paid like 4k for it back in '99. That's what you needed ;)
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

SuperK wrote:wow mooneggs, really got some quality time with your car there ;)
which car were you sleeping in?
it depended which one I drove that day LOL I have slept in both... man and it was rough in the summers when temps got 90 and above...

and no I wasn't doing it to survive... I had plenty of money lol... not sure why I did it actually now that I think back :shrug:
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

i just gave my 2 weeks notice at work. sick of customers, they all b---- when they come in because their 2ways/trucks/cell phones etc dont work due to "me" making poor electronics or owning a multi billion dollor company.....hello im a salesman/installer/clerk/janitor/repairman etc. plus all the people i deal with are in the industry around here, logger/millworker/miner so these guys have no manners or brains, come in the shop slamming stuff around cause their dumb asses cant work a simple radio so they brake it and want new stuff, swearing their heads of while yelling around the shop. we also in the last year have beem offering wireless high speed to people that live outside my small town that have no connection to the real world and when their is a problem with the internet going down its the end of the world and the 350 people all phone in b----ing the net is down....phone hydro that the power is down not us....go do some work outside. all i can say is im not going to miss that poor run place. i made a choice to change my life at this point, some other things are changing as well....if you wait you will never do what you want. hopefully this fall i will go back to school for computer gaming/animation. ive also got all my supplies out to start carving and drawing again, native masks, comic books, childrens book. now im working with my best friend and his dad for the summer painting houses and parking lots. usually work 12 hours a day, now i should be freeing up some time so i can live my life abit better, wow nice rant.
1993 White gs klze.

Return to “Off-Topic”