kj in a mx3?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
nycstreetsoldier

kj in a mx3?

Post by nycstreetsoldier »

so annyone know if a kj can fit in an mx3 and if so how much work has to be dun for it to fit...please let me know if you have anny info, and is thare anny 5 speed trand that will work with it?
ElectricEnergy

Re: kj in a mx3?

Post by ElectricEnergy »

That would be a really cool project. Those are really interesting engines. I think the biggest obstacle is their form factor. They are 90* V6s as opposed to the rest of the K series engines which are 60*. The KJ probably wouldn't fit behind the radiator. I'd probably say that its not worth the effort unless you want the novelty of a Miller cycle engine.

David
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Yeah very cool project, but search and you'll find out why there is no MX-3's with those engines swapped in them. Its just not possible, and the money it would take to do this.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Nothing is impossible.... Somethings just require more effort. 8)
Smith18

Post by Smith18 »

Kirk95gs wrote:Nothing is impossible.... Somethings just require more effort. 8)

True but its not just SOME effort, it would take alot to do this swap and totally not worth it since someone could build up a KLDE and turbo it and have way more hp and tq then that engine.
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS, V6 KLZE 2.5L, CenterForce Duel Friction Clutch, Nylon Shifter Bushings (from Imazda.com), Integra Cold Air Intake, Millenia Intake Manifold, Indigo Gauges, Pacesetter Header->Resonator->2.5" piping->Dynomax Muffler, VSX Front and back bumpers from FX Designs, AWR Front and back Motor Mounts.
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Smith18 wrote:
Kirk95gs wrote:Nothing is impossible.... Somethings just require more effort. 8)

True but its not just SOME effort, it would take alot to do this swap and totally not worth it since someone could build up a KLDE and turbo it and have way more hp and tq then that engine.
I agree 100%. But I Dont want to stop anyone from doing it if thats what they want. It would be nice to see someone complet this. It would take a lot of work and fabrication. Sometimes its fun to go into uncharted waters. :welder:

This quiestion must be asked once a month.
nycstreetsoldier wrote:so annyone know if a kj can fit in an mx3 and if so how much work has to be dun for it to fit...please let me know if you have anny info, and is thare anny 5 speed trand that will work with it?
Man there is Info apon info on this topic. Just search the forum.
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

I would actually rather see a twin engine Mx3.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

This should answer all your questions

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... lit=miller" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

Stablo87 wrote:I would actually rather see a twin engine Mx3.
Yes! 2 ZEs would be mind blowing... Maybe some day...
KL-ZE Swap - OBX SS Headers - 2.5" Exhaust - Falken Azenis Tires - H&R Springs - ZX-2 Struts - CAI - Front & Rear Tower Bar - AWR Motor Mounts - 100hp wet shot (yet to be tested)
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

ElectricEnergy wrote:
Stablo87 wrote:I would actually rather see a twin engine Mx3.
Yes! 2 ZEs would be mind blowing... Maybe some day...
It really wouldent be that hard. If you can go to you tube and look up tiburon twin. I would get you the link but I'm at work on my touch. Doesn't seem too hard
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I actually started the design process on a twin engine MX3. The hardest part is shift linkage...cuz who wants an automatic right. After making some measurements and doing some modeling, I found that there is plenty of room and I had most of the details worked out in my head along with a friend of mine who is a master mechanic.

It came down to time and money...big $$$.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
ElectricEnergy

Post by ElectricEnergy »

wytbishop wrote:I actually started the design process on a twin engine MX3. The hardest part is shift linkage...cuz who wants an automatic right. After making some measurements and doing some modeling, I found that there is plenty of room and I had most of the details worked out in my head along with a friend of mine who is a master mechanic.

Well yeah, You'd have to build a tube frame in the hatch for it. But you could probably use most the front end parts from another mx-3 to do it. Maybe some day when I have more time/money/experience to invest into car projects.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

ElectricEnergy wrote:
wytbishop wrote:I actually started the design process on a twin engine MX3. The hardest part is shift linkage...cuz who wants an automatic right. After making some measurements and doing some modeling, I found that there is plenty of room and I had most of the details worked out in my head along with a friend of mine who is a master mechanic.

Well yeah, You'd have to build a tube frame in the hatch for it. But you could probably use most the front end parts from another mx-3 to do it. Maybe some day when I have more time/money/experience to invest into car projects.
Exactly. I was considering doing twin BP-T's with 5-7psi boost and found that there is room on the back for the complete front drivetrain. I had intended to remove the tank and the entire floor and construct a firewall just in front the the leading edge of the hatch down around the contour of the doors. The tubular subframe would attach to the firewall. I had actually put quite alot of thought into it. My friends at school kind of got tired of hearing about it.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

This is cool info, but not related to the KJ topic. WOuld be cool to start a new topic about it tho
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”