Engine Light = The Devil

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3-Life

Engine Light = The Devil

Post by MX3-Life »

Basicly i just got my car back from the Transmission shop all re-built and brand new stuff... But when i drove it home i was going uphill and the engine light came on well i pulled over and turned the car off and turned it back on. It stayed off. After i got home i looked that i had no OIL well i filled it up and the car seemed fine but whenever i go up a hill i go like 15km and when i reach the top of the hill my ENGINE Light goes on. Im gonna run a scan on it tommrow but i just dont have any clue what it could be And early today when i was driving my friend said when i started it up blue smoke came out and i said s--- prob the Piston rings but i just dont even know anymore.

Any thoughts or Ideas?
Thanks.
MgXs3

Re: Engine Light = The Devil

Post by MgXs3 »

yeha blue smoke= burning oil piston rings would be my best guess but i dont know why the CEL would only come on when going up hill thats weird. :?
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

If the blue smoke was only when you started it. than its most likely valve stem seals. Oil being low won't turn your engine light on. Was it the Check Engine light or the Oil pressure light. How steep of a hill is this your going up. It could be putting all your oil to the back of the block and causing the light to come on but that would need to be one hell of a hill to do that. I do know in my car if I slam the brakes the oil light comes on

check it for codes tomorow man and post back here. we will try and figure it out for you. Thats why we are here!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

Basicly the Engine light came on and the hill isn't that steep i have gone up it before but this time everytime i go up the hill at the same spot at the top the engine light goes on and i can deffinatly feel a loss of horsepower going up it... And the blue smoke only came when i started the car and rev'd it abit.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”