Precidia or No?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
92StockMx3

Precidia or No?

Post by 92StockMx3 »

I understand that the mx-3 has i guess a Precidia Version. I dont know if theres anything different on those models but i know they come from Canada. On the title of my car it says something like Not Made for U.S. Distribution. Would That mean it was in Canada and my be a Pecidia?
Mike
1992 Krylon White Mazda MX-3 RS. Cold Air Intake,17 inch Voxx rims with Toyo Proxez 4, Black Projectors, Black Taillights,Smoked Turn Signals.
1993 Brilliant Black Mazada MX-3 GS. KLZE, Short Shifter,
SmoothMX3

Re: Precidia or No?

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I think there is more to it then that. I think it would say precidia in the back. I believe the spoiler is different, as well as the front bumper. You should be able to tell, because it will look different then most peoples on the forum.
Someone else may be able to better assist ya.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

They got a sticker. You should also have a maple leaf in the door and drls. Other then that they are the same.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

The rear mini-window under the spoiler has Precidia stickered across it. The SE models had a maple leaf on the front fenders and said "25th Anniversary"
Cody
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

tehbrookzorz wrote:The rear mini-window under the spoiler has Precidia stickered across it. The SE models had a maple leaf on the front fenders and said "25th Anniversary"
also only the 2000* 1993 mx-3 "Precidia's" SE were the 25th Anniversary addition. Only offered in Canada due to Mazda's 25th year in Canada :wink:

The front bumpers are the same for the RS and The GS in the US & Canada

The GS and RS had were offered the same rims in the US and Canada, execpt for the 93 Anniversary Rims that only came in Canada.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Our front bumper is the same. The spoiler is different cause we kept the GS model up until 96, so from 94 with the dash change, we got the JDM spoiler.

In the US, they did get a stripped SE. No stickers of course, but they only got the raspberry color. They did get the leather interor but non-heated leather seats.

There are some slight differences between US and Canadian models. I'm not exactly sure, but as far as I know and can tell, the US Mx-3's were required to have the automatic seatbelts (both GS and RS have them), in Canada, it was only a (rare) option. Airbags were not available in mx-3's until 94.

As well in Canada, we have our mandatory Daytime Running Lights
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

And of course the most obvious clue is that the Canadian ones have the speedo in KM/hr and US have MPH.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

as for the details on the SE. Yes they got them in the states too but just pretty much avilable in rasberry and have leather interior and non heated. I beleive they never had the Presso rims or whatever that came on the canadian model SE's But my question is they claimed to make 2000 of them. Was that between Canada and the United States or just Canada????
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”