more power, would be better

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
bfamiluyi

more power, would be better

Post by bfamiluyi »

how many horsepowers are ya running and what is ya set up.
i'm planning on working on my car but right now i'm running on the stock b6 sohc.
and my goal is to be able to put out about 160 or more . i'm a nissan man but now i'm fall in love with my mx3 because it fun to driving and it has a fast handle. :shrug:
FASTLANE ONLY
1993 mazda mx3 1.6 sohc K&N INTAKE R1 MUFFLER SOON TO BOOST (SOHC TURBO)
1989 nissan 240sx sr20 wreck RIP
2002 saturn Ls2 RIP
import_fan7
Supporting Member

Re: more power, would be better

Post by import_fan7 »

i have a 95 b6 dohc that im turbocharging with the mx6 turbo with front mounted intercooler should put me at 150-160 hp hopefully but as of right now its slow as hell! with just exhaust and an intake. big wopping 100 hp
1995 MX3 RS - SOLD :(..... i will remain on this site!......hopefully buying a v6 mx3 spring 09!!!!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2564737" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

ImportFan, never EVER say your B6 DOHC is slow, until you drive the B6 SOHC with automatic transmission.

If you do, I guarantee you, you'll be thinking, "My DOHC isn't that bad after all.. in fact, in fact, it might be kinda fast! COME HERE, CAVALIER, I'll WIN!"

I'm not mentioning any specific MX-3's, not any specific mx-3 owners with SOHC's, not any specific MX-3 owners named Oldman with specific SOHC A/T Tranny engines. Not mentioning any specific instances where I thought, "Holy crap, my B6 is so much... FASTER??!!?!!"

If you want power, junk the B6 SOHC. BP it, then work from there. It's best to work from a setup that puts 120HP to the wheels, than a setup that puts 70HP to the wheels.

If you keep your SOHC, turbo is your only saving grace. A
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

SuperK wrote:ImportFan, never EVER say your B6 DOHC is slow, until you drive the B6 SOHC with automatic transmission.

If you do, I guarantee you, you'll be thinking, "My DOHC isn't that bad after all.. in fact, in fact, it might be kinda fast! COME HERE, CAVALIER, I'll WIN!"

I'm not mentioning any specific MX-3's, not any specific mx-3 owners with SOHC's, not any specific MX-3 owners named Oldman with specific SOHC A/T Tranny engines. Not mentioning any specific instances where I thought, "Holy crap, my B6 is so much... FASTER??!!?!!"

If you want power, junk the B6 SOHC. BP it, then work from there. It's best to work from a setup that puts 120HP to the wheels, than a setup that puts 70HP to the wheels.

If you keep your SOHC, turbo is your only saving grace. A
Good advice.

I know because my MX-3 used to have a SOHC B6 automatic and I swapped in a 1.8L DOHC BP w. 5-speed. The SOHC dynoed at 66.7 HP to the wheels. The bP dynoed at 114 to the wheels.

I doubled the HP in a weekend.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Yeah a buddy of mine that I lived with had a 93 soch auto. We had a small house up on a bit hill and sometimes I didnt even think we would make it up. :lol: But on the other had he had the car for ever.. I dunno maybe 5-6 years and he had nothing to crazy go wrong with it. Good thing cause he never had any money... :lol:
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

don't underestimate the power of a boosted SOHC.. with a decent turbo setup..
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

For the entire 5 minutes it lasts, its fun.

:lol:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

I'll have to take your word for it. :)
bfamiluyi

Post by bfamiluyi »

i was thinking about boost but i think that my engine is slowly dying. i have 173000 mile plus on the gauge, but i also think that the engine as once been replace because there is some chalk mark (number) on the engine head. i was planning on saving up for another car but my problem is i can stop getting tix, so i'm planning on keep the mx 3, my goal is to beat a 300zx again like i did with the s13. i as told that the bp with be easy to work with and costless to install than the bpt.
FASTLANE ONLY
1993 mazda mx3 1.6 sohc K&N INTAKE R1 MUFFLER SOON TO BOOST (SOHC TURBO)
1989 nissan 240sx sr20 wreck RIP
2002 saturn Ls2 RIP
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

atlantamx3 wrote:For the entire 5 minutes it lasts, its fun.

:lol:

OH really

well i know that i wouldn't ever put a T25 or mitsu turbo on MX-6 GT 330cc injectors with exhaust shop inter cooler piping (with a lame greddy type s whistle) on a MX-6 GT inter cooler, running on some POS e-mange or lame piggy back system on a stock clutch..

if i did well of course hell yeah, For the entire 5 minutes it lasts, its fun

wouldn't u think.

I do a turbo setup on a sohc a hell of a lot better than that stated above..

but i know ur Playing around
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Enough trashing piggybacks. There are good products out there. Some people don't want 300+hp.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:Enough trashing piggybacks. There are good products out there. Some people don't want 300+hp.

U have ur own opinion and i have mine...

U think piggybacks are good i think there POS..

U probably think a standalone is too expensive I think it's well worth the investment..

As u can see two different views i will never see urs and u will never see mines..

Im not going to argue with u waste of time... thats all i have to say..
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

No, I don't think they are "good." I know some are. I don't think that standalones are too expensive.. although I think they are not always needed. I do believe you are unedjucated and biased. A closed mind will only hinder your understanding and ability to learn.

You started the arguement.. I just told you to cool it cuz you don't know everything about everything. Not trashing you or what you may know.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

I respect ur comment and u are right (I just told you to cool it cuz you don't know everything about everything.)

so lets just stop it at there and keep with the post..
Mx3_project08

Post by Mx3_project08 »

OK...I AM A HONDA GUY BUT I GOT A MX3 DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BP AND WATH EVER YALL TALKING A BOUT I KNOW ABOUTH B16 B18 B20 WELL YOU GET THE POINT I NEED HELP BAD I NEED TO FIX UP MY MX3 I WANT AT LEAST 250HP BUT IT IS A SOHC AND I WANT TO SWAP PLEASE SEND ME AN EMAIL AND GIVE ME TIPS... :crying: :?: :?: :?:

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”