catalyic conveter TEST PIPE FOR 92 ???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Swaid

catalyic conveter TEST PIPE FOR 92 ???

Post by Swaid »

Can i use a 93 test pipe one a 92 mx3. i have a 1.8 v6 and cant seem to find any test pipe to fit this, all i find is 93 and up. If there is a difference what is it?
Thanks,
MgXs3

Re: catalyic conveter TEST PIPE FOR 92 ???

Post by MgXs3 »

I think it will fit
92 Blaze Red MAZDA Mx3 <GS> ZE, millenia manifold. gutted interior, filled mounts, fidanza fw, act 6puck.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I used to own a 92 GS and I would buy parts marked as 93 and up and would have no problem getting them to fit. Maybe some styling changes and a few mechanical components changed from the 92 compared to 93+ (my guess) but not a whole lot. Exhaust components should be fine.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Swaid

Post by Swaid »

Thanks guys, but i noticed that my pipe kinda bended downwards at the end of the cat. So in stead of buying a $30 test pipe i went and got my cat cut off and had them weld in a straight pipe for the same price of $30. lol Thanks, to all that replied.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I'm curious... is it much louder? have you noticed any gains in performance?
Swaid

Post by Swaid »

Yes, this did helped me alot since my cat was clogged. Since my car is a 92 gs i knew the cat would be bad, and my car doesnt hesitate any more. Some times it would feel like its misfiring. But the sound didn't really change. It got a little louder but not alot. Some random person wouldn't really notice or hear that u deleted the cat.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

cool I had thought about doing this on my k8 since I have one of the test pipes from ebay...

do you have to pass emissions tests where you live?
Swaid

Post by Swaid »

no
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

My '93 cat was clogged, so I hollowed it out. It sounded, and performed better, and passed emissions (with 2 3/4 oz. of Acetone in the full tank) here in Oregon. They check for it, and in some places, make sure it's hot (not hollow). I always wnated to put a pipe through the hollw cat, but it would make VERY little difference. what I really want to do is turn the cat into a glass pack, and run a Flowmaster muffler.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Mooneggs wrote:I'm curious... is it much louder? have you noticed any gains in performance?
ON the 93' I just picked up, the previous owner removed the CAT and I have to say it sounds awesome. Not really louder, just deeper, throatier.

I love it.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Yeah, I plan to do that soon. I want to put a muffler on as well, but i'll wait till after i do the klze swap.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”