Dilemma

Off-Topic Discussions
Mazdaspeed96743

Dilemma

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Hey everyone. I was an MX3 owner before then I totaled it. I then bought a brand new 2007 Mazda RX8 you can check it out here:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=62622

It is my first car I bought and I am new to car bills, insurance bills and all that. The RX8 is such an awesome car it could handel the roads with ease, It is crazy fast, eye catching. But as for me I am not really into speed. I drive the speed limit holding up traffic with the RX8 lol its so ironic. The RX8 is too fast for the streets in Hawaii. My MX3 on the other hand was just as thrilling. I had so much space for my sound system, It is cheaper to modify the MX3. The RX8 has an $500.00 dash install for the stereo.. forget it!. The MX3 had waaaaaaaaaaay beeeeetter gas milage than the RX8. I drive 117 miles three times a week from home to college, going back and fourth. I was thinking of giving up my RX8, selling it and get my baby back (MX3). And rebuild it how I had it. I am just sick of not having much money anymore. I am so young and did not yet start my career. I have a job that gives out low pay. I should have waited before I had started my career before I got a brand new car. I mean, I could pay it for the full seven years but I am going to have to save every little penny I have for living expenses. But anyway I don't know what to do, I need your folks advice. How much more would I have to pay for the loan if I give the RX8 back to the dealership (Factory stock, no modifications just yet, wanted the borla exhaust system but $800.00 forget it). Thanks for reading :)..
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: Dilemma

Post by 2fazed »

If you give the car back to the dealership, you'll be forfeiting on your loan. It will be on your credit, so that'll cost you anytime you get a credit card, phone, loan. Second, if you think that will save you money, your wrong. They will appraise your car, and it will be worth less than your loan, and guess who pays the balance? You my friend. You will have to pay the different in your loan to what your car is worth.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Thanks, I understand now. It sounds clear on what might happen.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

why not get an extra job pumping gas or something in the evenings? use that money to slowly save up while your still in school. thats what i need to do now since im buying a $45000 truck...... it sucks yea but honestly its worth it.
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.

Return to “Off-Topic”