need help please.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX#3

need help please.

Post by MX#3 »

Hey guys I’ve gotten a problem. I can here knocking sound on left front side when car moves from one side to the other (while right turn it goes knock and then when it straitens up it goes knock when it goes to the left it makes knock and comes back makes knock.<BR>But not when you hit bump or any hole.<BR>I can fill it on the fire wall where the <BR>rest place for the left foot. <P>If you could tell what can make that sound and behave that way I would really appreciate. <BR>I hope it make sense what I have said here.
Maddbuck

Re: need help please.

Post by Maddbuck »

I'm no expert but it sounds like something could be loose. Check wheel lug nuts, if they are tight take off wheel and look around at the suspension and see if you can see things that could create the sound also one of my cars did something similar and the bolts on top of the shock absorber were loose, you know in the engine bay that hump thingy above the wheel well with the plastic cap on top, check there too for loose nuts etc. Use a wrench to make sure things are tight.<P>Hope this gives you some things to do to find your problem.
ssmog

Post by ssmog »

I had a simialr problem on my MX3 last summer, as it turned out it was caused by worn bushings in the lower control arm, the only way to rectify that was to replace the bushings, so there I was in my shop slugging away with struts, etc trying to get it back together again. Have fun it's a b---- of a job, My father has a 626 that had the same prob. But be careful and get it repaired ASAP because the worn bushing will cause premature tire wear and will eventually create a weak spot and may cause the control to break in that general area which may result in an accident.
Commit yourself to a Psychiatric hospital before the rest your sanity disappears, and you are strapped in a chair, fed mushy peas with a rubber spoon with only your tortured fantasies for comfort....

ssmog
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

Same goes for me "I'm not an expert" ,but in my opinion it sounds like you have a messed up CV joint. I had the same problem that you decribed when mine went out. Do like everyone else said and if all else fails get mechanic to look at the joint...and the good side is it will cost you nothing to have them look at it.
MX#3

Post by MX#3 »

if it is a problem with bushings, is it possible to check that by moving tire from side to side like when you check cv joints.<BR>I also noticed that it knocks only after car wash (under the car) and then if I drive for a bit it goes away.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”