Cannot find synchros anywhere - help appreciated

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
ShadowCat

Cannot find synchros anywhere - help appreciated

Post by ShadowCat »

Hi,

It's been few months ago when gears started grinding on my '95 Precidia RS. Tranny fluid change, new clutch disk, new release bearing - all done (was needed anyway), but I'm still struggling to make it engage the gears properly. 1st and 2nd are the worst (understandable), but the rest needs more force than I'm used to... which is sad - the gearbox was like butter when I bought my ride a year ago, so smooth.

Car mechanic took the tranny apart and told me that I need new synchros, definitely for 1st and 2nd gears, but the problem is that I cannot find any item like that in any online store. With my almost zero technical knowledge, "synchronizer" may be listed under a different term, but I'm not sure. Otherwise, if anyone of you had to order new synchros, please advise where I can find it (online store). I'd really love to have that smooth shifting experience back!

Many thanks!
jaydog5678

Re: Cannot find synchros anywhere - help appreciated

Post by jaydog5678 »

You are not going to find that at any chain parts store. You have 2 options really - Go to the dealer with a VIN# or go to a junk yard.
bdr2k5

Post by bdr2k5 »

theres a place in GA call southern Gear, they got a Syncro and bearing kit for like 150$. ill get you the phone tomorrow after i get off work. i get parts from them all the time.
93 mx-3 w/ Curved Neck klze
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

If you call them, talk to Matt Allen. He Has plenty of experience with the G-series gearbox.
brandiesmx3

Post by brandiesmx3 »

Hey you didn't add a # I would like to have it too Thanks Brandie :)

Return to “Transmissions”